• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Gotta love the internet....the arm chair detectives, the arm chair lawyers, and all the arm chair QB's offering perfect solutions after the fact...:popcorn:

You may call me and others as you like, but I do know a little bit about the enclosed trailer that was taken from Profire. In fact I was at the manufaturing location today working with some operators. I took the following pictures with my super spy arm chair detective, lawyer, QB camera with granted permission.

Here is a little info on the construction of the Titan unit. It has Z pillars 24" on centers with 3.4 mm luan fastened to the inside and .024 aluminum sheeting on the outside. Profires paticular unit is a "Bonded Unit". That means that the Aluminum panels are bonded with a urethane and VHB tape instead of screws. The units are designed for a specific need and duty. They have limitations as to what they can and will withstand. Profires unfortunate loss is very evident of that. The units are very easy accessable with as little as a utility knife as I stated above, unless they are reinforced from the inside.

Andrew is a great guy and will help anybody in need. He has helped me through several jams and would gladly do so again. I would fight a wildcat for him.

My post and some others have not been to in anyway disrespect Andrew and the Profire staff. It is a learning lesson that can be used for some good to come out of a horrible act.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    He left NFA items in his truck overnight and it got broken into a couple years ago.
    Link... https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/class-iii-nfa/215697-nfa-theft.html
    Yeah the last quotes on there where he says he tuned over to Impd/atf some names addresses phone numbers and copies of drivers licenses (obviously of his customers) REALLY CONCERNS ME!!
    If you have reservations about selling a gun to someone then should you really be selling them a gun or a suppressor?
    No reply was ever given so I'm left wondering about that statement. Really troubling to me.

to any ffl dealer. If you ever give my info out to anyone without a warrant then you can kiss my dollars and referrals goodbye forever.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    very upsetting

from updated news info:
    The ATF is offering a reward of up to $5,000, which will be matched by the NSSF for a total possible reward of $10,000. Anyone having information about the burglary should contact ATF at 1-800-ATF-GUNS (800-283-4867).

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah the last quotes on there where he says he tuned over to Impd/atf some names addresses phone numbers and copies of drivers licenses (obviously of his customers) REALLY CONCERNS ME!!
    If you have reservations about selling a gun to someone then should you really be selling them a gun or a suppressor?
    No reply was ever given so I'm left wondering about that statement. Really troubling to me.

to any ffl dealer. If you ever give my info out to anyone without a warrant then you can kiss my dollars and referrals goodbye forever.

I only frequent 3 LGS these days. Used to be 5 but the 2 I now avoid showed their A$$ES during the Sandy Hook panic. That said, If my info is shared with out a warrant someone is going to be hobbled.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I only frequent 3 LGS these days. Used to be 5 but the 2 I now avoid showed their A$$ES during the Sandy Hook panic. That said, If my info is shared with out a warrant someone is going to be hobbled.
    Yeah this is why I also have "my guys" who I also consider friends and know they wouldn't do me wrong on anything.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    No problem. INGO moves pretty quickly and it is hard to scoop us on interesting/gun-related news. You might want to try a search before posting a news topic, though that doesn't always work. I gave you a link to the other thread in my first post.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Yeah this is why I also have "my guys" who I also consider friends and know they wouldn't do me wrong on anything.
    I am pretty sure the ATF has open access to all FFL books with information on buy/sell transactions and visit shops and audit them regularly. Maybe an FFL can chime in here with some facts please?

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    why would you leave it loaded over night??????.......hope they find the little bastards....:bat:

I know this is of no help now but, if I had to leave it loaded overnight with so much valuable stuff on it, I would stay up and watch it all night long or rent a cop, armed to the hilt and at a safe distance and have the police number on speed-dial. Just say-en.
    I am sorry to hear it happened, yeah, damned thieves.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I am pretty sure the ATF has open access to all FFL books with information on buy/sell transactions and visit shops and audit them regularly. Maybe an FFL can chime in here with some facts please?

Yep... I got audited twice in the three years I had the license, and once after I no longer renewed it.

Top Bottom