• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    And how exactly is this different from a building or a house guarded by a couple of locks full of NFA weapons, ammo and suppressors? One might be harder to break into and commit a theft than the other, but in the end, theft is theft no matter how hard it was. Do you live in Fort Knox? If so I guess you and all the other security experts on here can take us to school about how you have never had anything broken into, stolen or vandalized.

All I am saying is I would have taken better precautions. I don't leave my laptop, or my firearms, in my car....ever. It never gets stolen from my car that way. My laptop IS my livelihood, and my firearm could be stolen out of my car and used to kill someone...so I take precautions that better insure I keep my stuff, and it doesn't get in the hands of some methhead that uses it to kill my family or my neighbors. Sure they could pole vault over my moat, burn down the castle door, kill my guard dogs, rape my dancing hamster, drink all my beer, knock us all in the head and steal my stuff....but frankly I don't know many street trash losers that would go to all that work.

Make it too much work and the thieves probably will move on to easier pickin's. It's all about risk/reward. Hook up a trailer and haul it off isn't much risk...pole vaulting my moat is. Crooks are lazy for the most part...but so are homeowners.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    All I am saying is I would have taken better precautions. I don't leave my laptop, or my firearms, in my car....ever. It never gets stolen from my car that way. My laptop IS my livelihood, and my firearm could be stolen out of my car and used to kill someone...so I take precautions that better insure I keep my stuff, and it doesn't get in the hands of some methhead that uses it to kill my family or my neighbors. Sure they could pole vault over my moat, burn down the castle door, kill my guard dogs, rape my dancing hamster, drink all my beer, knock us all in the head and steal my stuff....but frankly I don't know many street trash losers that would go to all that work.

Make it too much work and the thieves probably will move on to easier pickin's. It's all about risk/reward. Hook up a trailer and haul it off isn't much risk...pole vaulting my moat is. Crooks are lazy for the most part...but so are homeowners.

Your car is not easier to break into than your house. They both have doors and lots of glass.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    For so many of the self-righteous on here, let's hope that you are granted more empathy than you are giving when you make a mistake. And don't be smug about it - sooner or later, you WILL make a mistake.

All I ask is that it be recognized as a mistake. Many on here think it is just peachy keen and have no issue running on about it.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    We need to know if the crack monsters were just in the market for a trailer or did they actually know the stuff was in there? If they were just looking for a trailer, there isn't much that could have been done...but if they were looking for the guns and stuff, I wonder if they would have bothered trying to bust into the building to get them out of a vault? (Profire has a vault right? Never been in there)

Crackheads steal trailer, haul it out someplace, open it....HOLY SHEEEEEITE lookee at them guns!! So they empty it out and go on a selling rampage...these guns gotta be worth more than this stupid trailer....on Monday they see the stuff is worth $225K THAT'S A LOT OF CRACK!!! Now they're pissed because they sold the stuff off for a few 8 balls and some two for ones at Jimmy Johns....woe is me they say...then the cops show up! OUCH MAN

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Your car is not easier to break into than your house. They both have doors and lots of glass.
    But it's a hell of a lot easier to relocate. And a lot less practical to actively defend. I've had a full size 1-ton truck AND a loaded utility trailer stolen from my residence (and that only accounts for 2 of the 5 theft incidents). If it's mobile, it ain't secure. Period.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    But it's a hell of a lot easier to relocate. And a lot less practical to actively defend. I've had a full size 1-ton truck AND a loaded utility trailer stolen from my residence (and that only accounts for 2 of the 5 theft incidents). If it's mobile, it ain't secure. Period.

Agreed the trailer itself is, but the contents of either are not. And there is little difference between a smash and grab at a house/business or taking a trailer or cutting into it. The result is still the same - you got ripped off.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...What would you propose?

Going on the assumption that none of this theft turns out to point back at Profire in any way, I would propose that we ALL encourage support for them. Love them or hate them, they are a shop that fills the needs of many many of INGOers. A shop that has always supported INGO along with the rest of the firearms community in a lot of ways. A shop that doesn't need to fall by the wayside in what will likely be a rough time ahead.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Going on the assumption that none of this theft turns out to point back at Profire in any way, I would propose that we ALL encourage support for them. Love them or hate them, they are a shop that fills the needs of many many of INGOers. A shop that has always supported INGO along with the rest of the firearms community in a lot of ways. A shop that doesn't need to fall by the wayside in what will likely be a rough time ahead.

I have not once called for people not to patronize them, nor for them to lose their FFL, nor for them to close. I don't hate them or anything like that.

I do, however, think we need to call a spade a spade and not sugarcoat that this is the 2nd time this has happened. They really need to secure their stuff better as, like it or not, this reflects back on all of us.

There is no positive side to the voting public in trailers of machineguns being left out where they can all too easily be stolen, and indeed there are a ton of downsides. This may very well result in legislative action, both state and national, particularly if God forbid one of these guns is used in a crime with a victim.

This has already made the national news, it is time to stop acting like it ok to leave machineguns out in this fashion.

This has the potential to hurt all of us, ALOT. Like it or not, I have a hard time seeing how they keep their FFL; but that may be the least of the casualties of all this. We are one dead cop or civilian away from a BIG sway in the national gun control tide.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... we need to call a spade a spade and not sugarcoat that this is the 2nd time this has happened. They really need to secure their stuff better as, like it or not, this reflects back on all of us.

There is no positive side to the voting public in trailers of machineguns being left out where they can all too easily be stolen, and indeed there are a ton of downsides. This may very well result in legislative action, both state and national, particularly if God forbid one of these guns is used in a crime with a victim.

This has already made the national news, it is time to stop acting like it ok to leave machineguns out in this fashion.

This has the potential to hurt all of us, ALOT. Like it or not, I have a hard time seeing how they keep their FFL; but that may be the least of the casualties of all this. We are one dead cop or civilian away from a BIG sway in the national gun control tide.

...and you stated this how many times?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    ...and you stated this how many times?

Parts of it once for each time someone said that its:

-ok to leave them out because of insurance.

-security is unimportant because there are good thieves out there

-commercial theft victims are the same as rape victims

-it is ok to leave machineguns out on the boulevard

-etc.

I'm not quiet when I see people acting in a way directly adverse to me keeping my rights.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Parts of it once for each time someone said that its:

-ok to leave them out because of insurance.

-security is unimportant because there are good thieves out there

-commercial theft victims are the same as rape victims

-it is ok to leave machineguns out on the boulevard

-etc.

I'm not quiet when I see people acting in a way directly adverse to me keeping my rights.

Do you think your point has been made?

Top Bottom