A bill from Lautenberg - I knew this was coming....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Obviously this will never stop. You can make explosives out of MANY things--including household chemicals. We would have to ban everything.

What we should ban is going outside. Clearly, going outside can get you killed. We should all sit in padded chairs, use virtual reality goggles and praise the government for its excellent protection. Thanks Senator Lautenberg!

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    He wants us to have a permit to build explosive devices. Will that include ammunition? Or will we be able to apply for a LTBIED (license to build)? That's ridiculous.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    This is ridiculous. Paraphrasing: "We don't know what was used to make this particular bomb, but we are going to outlaw a bunch of stuff anyway." Idiotic.

Isn't the manufacture of "explosive devices" already regulated (illegal)? I know it is in Indiana Code, and pretty sure that is the "E" in BATFE.

Dear Legislatures: STFU already. You are really looking like a bunch of buffoons.

Hotwired

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    According to a report , I was led to believe the explosive was TCAP which can be manufactured from readily available chemicals that can bought at any hardware and beauty supply store.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Lautenberg is supposed to retire after his current term. He has been bad news for a long time. I look forward to his departure from the Senate.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, you guys who reload better get used to NICS checks for powder. Lautenberg is beloved of the law and order crowd. I'd fully expect a number of conservatives to join him on this one. They loved the Lautenburg Amendment, why not this one, too?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just like making murder illegal stopped murders. Just like making robbery and theft illegal stopped a guy from murdering his mother and stealing her weapons and her car. Just like making a school a gun free zone protected the children and administrators.

Yes Frank, go ahead with your stupidity. And when you go to your grave one day in the future, be happy that with all your stupid laws, you saved no one.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    What we should ban is going outside. Clearly, going outside can get you killed. We should all sit in padded chairs, use virtual reality goggles and praise the government for its excellent protection. Thanks Senator Lautenberg!

Watch the movie Surrogates...

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Didn't he try this before and it didn't even get a hearing? I can see that the libs are taking to heart the Eric Holder chant "Never let a crisis go to waste"

Start writing our reps again because next will be having a NICS check for ammo since you can pull the bullets to get the powder.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Didn't he try this before and it didn't even get a hearing? I can see that the libs are taking to heart the Eric Holder chant "Never let a crisis go to waste"

Start writing our reps again because next will be having a NICS check for ammo since you can pull the bullets to get the powder.

Yeah, but it would take someone with a really good income to build a bomb with any destructive power.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom