• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • praff

Sharpshooter
    Sep 26, 2009
    Thanks for all the kind words....and i promiseI will get a finished pic thread started. I have some really good photos of the last few.

Here is a finished teaser pic or two.

5x7a80.jpg

2v286xy.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for all the kind words....and i promiseI will get a finished pic thread started. I have some really good photos of the last few.

5x7a80.jpg

2v286xy.jpg

:wow::wow: Stunning! I don't think I've ever seen a finish that took my breath away like this!
    It caught me by surprise, didn't expect such a subtle blending of colors: truly astonishing!

praff

Sharpshooter
    Sep 26, 2009
    I really appreciate all of the feedback on the 1911. There are a lot of subtle details going on with it in addition to the finish. The barrel came back unfinished and is stainless. So....I need to send the barrel back to be blackened or send out for black pvd. I will point some of the details once I get it finished and better pics together. Saying my case color guy did an outstanding job is an understatement at best.

I am a bit biased, but this is seriously one of the nicest pistols I have ever had the pleasure to hold. I am glad it stays local and I will get to visit it from time to time.

More to come on this one for sure.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yes... i have a guy. He obviously is an artist....isn’t cheap, but it is possibly the best case color I have ever seen.
    I'm a CZ guy and have always wanted a 75B with that treatment. I'm sure the cost would be more than I could handle, though. They are absolutely beautiful, sir. You do fantastic work.

praff

Sharpshooter
    Sep 26, 2009
    I'm a CZ guy and have always wanted a 75B with that treatment. I'm sure the cost would be more than I could handle, though. They are absolutely beautiful, sir. You do fantastic work.

It isn’t unobtainable expensive, but it is about double the cost of a pvd or hard chrome finish.

shootersix

Master
    Mar 10, 2009

5x7a80.jpg

2v286xy.jpg

sending you a bill for band aids, cause that things so sharp I cut my finger scrolling my screen to see it!

ive got 4 words bee you ti full!!!

Top Bottom