• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    As a newbie I am amazed at the difference a good belt makes in carrying, especially concealed. I still don't have a gun belt yet, but I switched from my normal belt I've used for the past 15 years to a newer, stiffer belt today. It is so much more comfortable to carry and my gun is way more concealed than before. My eyes are opened.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Yep. It makes a huge difference when you get a good belt. I will suggest when you want to start looking at an actual "gun belt" you check out comp-tac's belts. They are awesome! and priced pretty well for what they are.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    I'd also take a look at Special Operations Equipment (SOE). John Willis makes some of the best belts out there.
    I've tried all kinds of belts and I have always come back to my SOE belts.

whoismunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Bloomington,IN
    I have a Comp-Tac I unfortunately outgrew but it was excellllent. Wore it daily for about 2.5 years and it's still as stiff as can be. My favorite part about them is that they look good. I think you could wear one with just about anything.
    As I got bigger I replaced it with a 5.11 Trainer belt. These have that 'tacticool' look and I can spot them from a mile away (especially the green ones,) but if you wear an untucked shirt I actually prefer them. They're a good deal cheaper and since they don't use the 'notch' system, you can get it exactly how tight you want it.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    I've been using The Wilderness belts for over 10 years. I use the CSM model, has a polymer stiffener in between the nylon. Not cheap, and you have to measure according to their directions, but IMO, they're great!

heavyhitter1k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Daltech Force Bull belt. Best money I have spent! Sturdy and thick, but comfy enough I wear it everyday...reguardless of if I am carrying or not.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    www.thebeltman.net. I've got two from him that I've had for 15 years or better and they are still stiff as a wedding dick. I wear one or the other daily and they have held up great. A great belt will cost you some bucks but will last for years.

Last edited:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I remember when I first switched from a normal everyday belt to a belt designed for carry, what a HUGE difference. I have a couple of Galco belts. One of them is an SB6 fancy-stitched belt Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters, has a western look to it, and the other is a SB2 sport belt Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters. Both are super sturdy belts. I where the SB2 most of the time, and even wear it at work where I don't carry.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Where could I find a Comp-Tac belt? I'd like to buy one at an actual store vs. online so I can touch/feel it and try it on.
    I have never seen any comp-tac products in any stores. As far as I know it would have to be something that you would have to order. However, I doubt they would give you any trouble what so ever if you needed to send it back for any reason.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I need to start saving up for another belt. Since I started working out, I've dropped 6 inches from the gut and I've drilled the last hole I can drill in my Comp-tac belt and it's getting loose.

Debating on a Beltman or an SOE.

Top Bottom