• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have a 1859 Sharps Pepperbox. It is in beautiful condition. The only problem is that the original grips have been removed. I would like to keep it in its nice original condition to keep the value up. I have searched with no luck though. Would any of you be able to suggest or know where I can get grips for this very nice firearm?

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    A quick search didn't reveal anyone selling grips for these. This might be one of those cases where the firearm is so old you're just going to have to keep an eye on antique stores/auctions and hope you get lucky.

Maybe you could try contacting these folks?
    Collectors Firearms
    3301 Fondren Suite O,
    Houston, Texas 77063
    Tel(713)781-1960
    FAX (713)781-6407
    Toll Free(877)214-9327
    email:info@collectorsfirearms.com

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    you could craft your own and apply a number of "antique-ing" techniques to it/them.....I don't think you'll be able to get the "dehydrated aged wood" look but you can make wood still appear to be antique.....when you craft it, other than antique-ing it make sure you make it as close to original as possible and try to use materials and processes which were used on the original........it won't be an actual antique, but it will be as close to as you will probably be able to find ...unfortunately, without the original grips that value is going to nose dive regardless of what you do to it....so you should at least try to get as close to original condition grips as possible

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have a 1859 Sharps Pepperbox. It is in beautiful condition. The only problem is that the original grips have been removed. I would like to keep it in its nice original condition to keep the value up. I have searched with no luck though. Would any of you be able to suggest or know where I can get grips for this very nice firearm?

It this info what your after?
    Numrich Gun Parts Corp. - The World's Largest Supplier of Firearms Parts and Accessories

DaCash4GunsGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Cant remember the name of the place, its down in Seymour, lil hole in the wall place, Maybe called Bite the bullet, he specialized in those, and had parts that i needed few years back.

Top Bottom