A little cerakote on a CZ Shadow... Thoughts!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    About a month ago a close friend of mine called me up and asked if I could mix up some Bronze Cerakote for his polycoated CZ Shadow. I asked what he was thinking in terms of "Bronze"? He said "Well... you know the Bronze you used to mix for David at CGW? I want that and some of the Midnight Bronze you have used on a few of your rifles".

Easy enough... I went ahead and coated the Shadow in two colors... Midnight Bronze Slide and Cajun Copperhead (what I also used to call Spartan Bronze) on the frame. I went ahead and did most of the small parts in Armor Black... The cerakote application is laid down perfectly (not to toot my own horn).

All ties together really nice:) Anyway, just sharing a cool color combo for my CZ lovers out there!! Feedback and thoughts are always welcome!

B

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    ^^I probably cerakoted it:) How long ago did you get it (if its over a year or so, I did it)? If its newer (the last year) my friend Brandan Bunker did the Cerakote work...

It was this summer.
    Unfortunately I wish you had done it. The frame did not come out well. I am sending it out to my buddy for re-coating. Kind of sad they let it out of CGW like that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No ****... that is interesting. Maybe Bunker is not doing his cerakote anymore? I would bet not as his work is typically flawless and is one of the best I know of.

No knock on your friend as we all have a moment on occasion. I am sure he would have redone it if it were brought to his attention. Looks like a craggy run along the slide frame on the shooters right side. Gun is so nice looking it is not really obvious until you pull the slide to clean it. Then it is glaring. I am not sure how it got past Dave and the boys.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    First, it looks like great workmanship - great job on that.

Second, though, since you invited feedback :) it looks to me like there isn't enough contrast in the colors on the frame and slide. I mean, in the pics (and on my monitor - not all monitors are calibrated the same for coloration), it almost just looks like the frame/slide are mismatched.

Even having said that, I can only take the bronze and sand/brown in small doses, just as a matter of personal preference. I can totally see how that combination would be really neat, though. I would've just gone either lighter or darker on the slide.

The important thing, though, is that the customer liked it. :) Again, the workmanship looks excellent.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Outstanding, really turned out nice!

Weird for me to say this because I'm a total stainless freak, but that copperhead bronze is a stunning color. I bet it would be quite sharp to have a copper frame/matte stainless slide bitone combination.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Weird for me to say this because I'm a total stainless freak, but that copperhead bronze is a stunning color. I bet it would be quite sharp to have a copper frame/matte stainless slide bitone combination.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....................:drool:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Man, I'm really digging that idea! Never thought of that, but wow! I like it :)

Top Bottom