• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    This is my little rant about a woman I overheard at Borders in Highland yesterday.

Yesterday evening I went to Borders Books with my girlfriend to try and take advantage of some good deals on books, etc. I was perusing the magazines and I overheard a young woman (21 years old maybe) speaking with her boyfriend. She pointed out a Captain America comic and the following conversation took place:

Girl: "I should get this for my brother." Points to Captain America comic
    Guy: "I know right. He's so patriotic."
    Girl: "I know. It's so weird. He thinks this country is so great."
    Guy: "Yeah."
    Girl: "I don't know why he's like that. I don't think this country is so great."

Really lady? WTF? Now, this was brief, but annoyed the hell out of me. I went over to my girlfriend and started *****ing about this woman. It made me so angry that a WOMAN could feel that this country is not the greatest in the world. Do we have a lot of problems? Oh yeah. And this lady could have been republican or democrat, conservative or liberal. But, it irritates me that still people don't appreciate the wonderful place we live in. I go to Mexico this week for a wedding. I have spent a lot of time down there. And, I can tell you that most women down there don't have much opportunity to do anything other than make babies. Countries like Mexico and many European nations still subscribe to the 1950s or 1960s philosophy of it being a man's world and not taking women seriously. I am sorry that this country is not perfect, but people from all over the world still want to come here because they can actually make something of themselves. This girl didn't seem to appreciate that. I know this country has a lot of economic, social, and political problems, but it is still the greatest. We can hold our heads high no matter where we go in this world. Many people admire us for our nationality. I wish I would have told this woman to move to Mexico or France so she could see how women are treated in those countries.

ARGH! Okay, I am done. Thanks for reading.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    This is my little rant about a woman I overheard at Borders in Highland yesterday.

Yesterday evening I went to Borders Books with my girlfriend to try and take advantage of some good deals on books, etc. I was perusing the magazines and I overheard a young woman (21 years old maybe) speaking with her boyfriend. She pointed out a Captain America comic and the following conversation took place:

Girl: "I should get this for my brother." Points to Captain America comic
    Guy: "I know right. He's so patriotic."
    Girl: "I know. It's so weird. He thinks this country is so great."
    Guy: "Yeah."
    Girl: "I don't know why he's like that. I don't think."

Really lady? WTF? Now, this was brief, but annoyed the hell out of me. I went over to my girlfriend and started *****ing about this woman. It made me so angry that a WOMAN could feel that this country is not the greatest in the world. Do we have a lot of problems? Oh yeah. And this lady could have been republican or democrat, conservative or liberal. But, it irritates me that still people don't appreciate the wonderful place we live in. I go to Mexico this week for a wedding. I have spent a lot of time down there. And, I can tell you that most women down there don't have much opportunity to do anything other than make babies. Countries like Mexico and many European nations still subscribe to the 1950s or 1960s philosophy of it being a man's world and not taking women seriously. I am sorry that this country is not perfect, but people from all over the world still want to come here because they can actually make something of themselves. This girl didn't seem to appreciate that. I know this country has a lot of economic, social, and political problems, but it is still the greatest. We can hold our heads high no matter where we go in this world. Many people admire us for our nationality. I wish I would have told this woman to move to Mexico or France so she could see how women are treated in those countries.

ARGH! Okay, I am done. Thanks for reading.

Fixed it for her...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You can't really blame this young lady spartan933. She is the "product" of the it for granted generation that is coming into the US. After all she has been conditioned by the system from the get-go and her parents were the generation that allowed such conditioning of the system. So we are now into the 2nd generation of the system being in control.

Once we hit the brick wall and our dollar is but toliet paper and people really begin to suffer (ie. no food, no gas, etc..) then and ONLY then will my generation begin to understand what we had. :(

Until then have you heard the latest on the BIG BROTHER TV Show? Or about how what Brintey Spears is doing? Or how about the new upcoming season of Dancing With The Stars. :n00b:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Can't blame you. I have actually walked up to these people and told them that they should turn in the passports and move to whatever country it is they think is better. These people take what we have for-granted and it pisses me off.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Can't blame you. I have actually walked up to these people and told them that they should turn in the passports and move to whatever country it is they think is better. These people take what we have for-granted and it pisses me off.

My wife is a school teacher and has offered several of her students 1 way transportation to the nation of their choice provided they don't return.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County

Good for you. I wish I had done likewise. Just drives me nuts to think that there are those that don't appreciate this country and their citizenship.

Top Bottom