A local self defense story from last night.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Report: Suspect in overnight burglary shot by resident by Evansville Courier & Press

The comments make me wonder how in the world we voted in a democratic government and sheriffs office....

I love reading stories like this; it just breaks my heart that they found the guy "suffering from a gunshot wound" behind a fence. Now taxpayers have to pay his room and board for who knows how long when he could have just died right there and his final costs been someone else's problem.

Oh well, I guess the police have a job to do :D

But good for the homeowners.... I wonder how the "scuffle" started.... maybe the BG's caught him off guard and he wasn't ready to shoot, or maybe he hesitated. Whatever the reason, it's 2 more idiots that now have to think twice about their career paths, and one whose life might just be cut short.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    strange huh?

as far as the story goes this seems to be a common trend here in Eville lately..I dont ever recall hearing of so many break ins in such a short time period..this would be the 3rd break in with shots fired in the past 2 months that I am aware of..although this one sounds a bit fishy as its the second time the home has been invaded and shots where fired both times..Im sure its drug related.

Split

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Evansville
    They updated the story with the fact the homeowner just got back from Iraq.

That little block is weird because it used to be really nice, and is surrounded by decent neighborhoods, churches and retail, but it's gone downhill lately. So it might just be a case of the only nice house on the block is a target.

brianinarng52d

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Its stories like this that make you wonder why they would ever want to take away someones right to defend themselves.

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    I used to live in the 200 block of that street. It was a really decent place to live. Just needed a bigger house, so we moved. I sent the link to my wife. Now she understands why I carry my Glock around the house with me. The AR is just too big for in home carry. ;)

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    Sad to hear things like this are on the rise, but I guess it's to be expected. Unfortunately the BGs will keep trying stuff like this until they meet up with another armed citizen. Next time it may be more than just a leg wound.

Top Bottom