• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This is a great look into how Neil Peart, of Rush, spends his time between gigs on tour. He loves motorcycling and takes the time to ride with a buddy between shows. These stories are in his own words and are a good look into him and even into the places he travels through on his short trips to the next gig. He truly is a Renaissance Man. Lots of stories to read on his site, especially considering he put in nearly 28K miles during the last tour.

http://www.neilpeart.net/index.php?cID=248

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Peart is a phenomenal drummer, rivaled IMO only by Danny Carey, but I expected a story about Phil Rudd when I opened this thread

Didn't Peart ride from Canada-eh all the way to Tierra Del Fuego a few years back?

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Peart writes all of the lyrics for Rush, as well as being "The Professor" on the kit. Met him at a Drum Workshops clinic in the late '80s, he is one DEEP individual. I'd agree that Danny Carey is up there as is Manu Katche, and I would also would include Stewart Copeland in the mix, no one milks such an amazing repertoire of sounds from cymbals.

Edit: I looked in the mirror today. My eyes just didn't seem so bright. I've lost a few more hairs... I think... I'm going bald.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Peart is a phenomenal drummer, rivaled IMO only by Danny Carey, but I expected a story about Phil Rudd when I opened this thread

Didn't Peart ride from Canada-eh all the way to Tierra Del Fuego a few years back?

He made a journey to clear his soul from the pain of loosing a wife and a daughter I think. Something terribly tragic happened in his life.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    He made a journey to clear his soul from the pain of loosing a wife and a daughter I think. Something terribly tragic happened in his life.
    Correct. He lost his daughter in a car accident and his wife to cancer. I can't imagine the pain he went through, since they were relatively close together. He managed to come through it, tho. He's now remarried and splits his time between his home in Quebec and his place in LA.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Hmmm....maybe somebody should make an avatar with Neil in it......:):

I'm not a very deep person, I have a mind that flitters around like a gnat, but I have found Neil Pearts writings to be some of the most enjoyable reading I've ever done. The guy paints a picture with his words.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Ghost Rider.

A must read for even the fringe fan.

"In less than a year, Neil Peart lost both his 19-year-old daughter, Selena, and his wife, Jackie. Faced with overwhelming sadness and isolated from the world in his home on the lake, Peart was left without direction. This memoir tells of the sense of loss and directionlessness that led him on a 55,000-mile journey by motorcycle across much of North America, down through Mexico to Belize, and back again."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hmmm....maybe somebody should make an avatar with Neil in it......:):

I'm not a very deep person, I have a mind that flitters around like a gnat, but I have found Neil Pearts writings to be some of the most enjoyable reading I've ever done. The guy paints a picture with his words.

He does the same thing on the drums.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hmm.

Religious discussion is not allowed on INGO.

Neal Peart is clearly God. :joke:

This discussion is therefore clearly against the rules.

:rules:

I'm watching you all very closely.

-Paul

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Here's a crappy pic from one of the shows I attended in 2010, this one was from row 2 in Louisville

077.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hmm.

Religious discussion is not allowed on INGO.

Neal Pert is clearly God. :joke:

This discussion is therefore clearly against the rules.

:rules:

I'm watching you all very closely.

-Paul

It just can not be helped. We try, really we do.

I clearly remember picking up "Fly By Night" and immediately hearing something wonderful from the percussion. The whole presence of the band was changed and for the better. We flocked to the live tour and observed Neil in person and I never looked at a drummer the same way again.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I never was a huge Rush fan but they were one of the first "big name" bands I went to see in concert...Memphis, TN--somewhere around '77-'79. It was a very good show--I do remember that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is trouble in the forrest and the problem is the trees. All the maples want more sunlight and the Oaks ignore their pleas.

Geddy shreds the bass and pert sets the tone.

Red Barcheta....again, epic.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    The only reason that Peart is the number one drummer is because Buddy Rich died. R.I.P.

I saw Neil Peart shred several times.
    I know I did cause I have the tickets to prove it. Although I don't remember a damn thing...........I'm pretty sure I enjoyed myself. :n00b:

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Not to make this even more religious, but Geddy is clearly God. Thus, Neil must be an Archangel, and Alex, well he is one of the most underrated guitarists on the planet. Moving Pictures tour was my first ever show... Witch Hunt... Need I say more?

Top Bottom