• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As I posted above, they already control half of Syria and a huge swath of Iraq. If the governments in that region don't fully commit to diggin them out their caliphate will be dug in too deep to do anything about it.

Yeah, read somewhere earlier about the vast control they're taking in Syria

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Iraq is a total lost cause. There is nothing at this point that we or anyone else are going to do about it. America no longer has a stomach for it. Iran will control a third in the next year or so. The one and only thing that change the mix would be a Republican winning the next election,and another 911 X 5. Public opinion is the desiding factor. The mass murders don't seem to wake the world up to these animals, but be sure that they have LARGE ideas. They are pretty good for a JV team. I am sure history will still blame GWB for the whole mess.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ..(VERY RARE FOOTAGE) Muslims Create A Literal River Of Human ...

shoebat.com/.../rare-footage-muslims-create-literal-river-human-blood- butchering-

Till we accept the fact that these guys arn't going away, Iraq is lost. ......But again,mabye this was the plan all along.....

I don't see how those guys go so easily to their deaths. In a number of instances their hands and feet aren't bound, and there are dozens of prisoners. Knowing their fate, the could at least attempt to overpower their guards, get a weapon, and not go out like a punk. These guys are "soldiers?" No wonder ISIS is whipping their butts.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't see how those guys go so easily to their deaths. In a number of instances their hands and feet aren't bound, and there are dozens of prisoners. Knowing their fate, the could at least attempt to overpower their guards, get a weapon, and not go out like a punk. These guys are "soldiers?" No wonder ISIS is whipping their butts.

Lack of leaders, groupthink mentality, no 'easy' way out, resignation to one's fate. There are plenty of examples throughout history. Even recent history.

Without a Spartacus, there is no Spartacus moment.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think they got some of that right and some of it wrong. No, Bush didn't create ISIS. <gasp>Radical Islamists did</gasp>. But it's hard to imagine ISIS in Iraq, even if at all, with Saddam firmly in power. WMD just was an excuse to take him out. Faulty intelligence or not, the Bush administration sought out a reason to invade, to find their "ah HA" moment that they could justify to the world what they wanted to do anyway.

But the article does underscore how we could blame just about anything for the existence of ISIS. Blaming Bush for ISIS is a little like blaming yourself for the drunk driver running into you. If you'd just have left on time... Of course, whatever your failings that caused your part in the accident, you would have done things differently in hindsight. Nevertheless, it was ultimately the drunk driver's fault.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think they got some of that right and some of it wrong. No, Bush didn't create ISIS. <gasp>Radical Islamists did</gasp>. But it's hard to imagine ISIS in Iraq, even if at all, with Saddam firmly in power. WMD just was an excuse to take him out. Faulty intelligence or not, the Bush administration sought out a reason to invade, to find their "ah HA" moment that they could justify to the world what they wanted to do anyway.

But the article does underscore how we could blame just about anything for the existence of ISIS. Blaming Bush for ISIS is a little like blaming yourself for the drunk driver running into you. If you'd just have left on time... Of course, whatever your failings that caused your part in the accident, you would have done things differently in hindsight. Nevertheless, it was ultimately the drunk driver's fault.

You can blame Bush for Obama.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    After the group was "technically formed" in 2006, there were really no reports on them until 2013 when they absorbed al Qaeda-backed militant group in Syria.... What did our dear leader do from 2008 - 2013 to prevent them coming to power? Call them a JV squad and pull all our forces out of Iraq. I think I know where I put the blame.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011

Lack of leaders, groupthink mentality, no 'easy' way out, resignation to one's fate. There are plenty of examples throughout history. Even recent history.

Without a Spartacus, there is no Spartacus moment.

It just blows my mind. They give up knowing their fate while armed to the teeth.

Top Bottom