• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    My wife has one and loves it. I find it a little snappy but for the price, I don't think you can beat it. Got hers for $338 out the door at our LGS. Biggest complaint would be the disassembly, very similar to the SR9.

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    A buddy of mine has a P95 and its a jammomatic. On the other hand I had a P90 for a while and it was flawless. Not a huge fan of how they look but I really liked the P90 even though it felt loose. And honestly for something to just shoot the P series can be had for 300 or under

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    All the P95s and P89s I have are flawlessly reliable. Eat anything and never miss a beat. Not the smallest or the lightest, but they will outlast me, and I trust them to keep me alive until that happens from natural causes.

gunsrfun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    P95 was my first gun. Its a good shooter the only issue I've had is the ring that holds the recoil spring on pop's off and won't hold the end on. Good news Ruger was very helpful in sending out replacements.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    First handgun i ever bought and i still have it. It's pretty much what everybody else has already said, cheap reliable and accurate. It is a bit of a tank but it shoots good.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Good news! I've put a WTB ad, and found a willing seller. I'll be picking it up tomorrow, and taking it straight to the range. I don't understand yet, how people say it is built like a tank (good), and also that it has some flip to it (bad). If it is built like a tank it should be kinda heavy, so those two reports seem in conflict. Anyways I'll know tomorrow how it feels and give my own report.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Good news! I've put a WTB ad, and found a willing seller. I'll be picking it up tomorrow, and taking it straight to the range. I don't understand yet, how people say it is built like a tank (good), and also that it has some flip to it (bad). If it is built like a tank it should be kinda heavy, so those two reports seem in conflict. Anyways I'll know tomorrow how it feels and give my own report.

Congrats....the grip on them sucks (IMO), so I would encourage you to get a grip sleeve:

http://www.amazon.com/Hogue-Rubber-...RS22/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1335548197&sr=8-2

The recoil on them is very minimal, but does have a bit of flip...you will definitely enjoy it as much as everyone else has.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I do need a grip-sleeve that will fit. I have some extra Hogue Universals, but it appears they are too tight.

Anyways, I was happy to trade my S&W22A for this used two tone P95. I immediately went to the Atterbury range and loaded it up. At 15 yards I shot 12 rounds and made a 6" group (8" if you count a couple zingers), which is a bit below my 4" groups (6" if you count zingers) with my M&P, and PPQ-FE. I had one dead in the bullseye, so the gun is accurate, but the sights are not as easy to see as some of my other guns, which probably explains most of the difference. I had three out of thirteen in the 1" bullseye with the PPQFE (4.25" barrel), and four out of twelve in the bullseye with the M&P9C (3.5" barrel) by comparison.

I really like this gun for the price! The big grip suits my big hands, and overall it felt and shot exactly like I expected. Recoil was average for 9mm. I will keep this gun for sure, and would be glad to pick up another if I get the chance.

Last edited:

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Two malfunctions with mine due to limp wristing it. So that's on me, not the gun. Otherwise well over 2000 rounds through it and it's a joy to shoot every time.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Sorry, but IMFDB got this one wrong. In the photos they provide, the gun clearly has a gray metal frame rather than the P95's black polymer, marking it as a P94.

800px-ALDDS_04.jpg

800px-Ruger-P94-p1030138.jpg

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I think your right based on the triggee guard, which is round on the p95. Still, they are more than similar, and I think I prefer the p95.

I think I can articulate what attracts me to this gun. It is the way the tip of the slide is canted forward. It looks very "macho".

:)

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    P95 was my first semi auto pistol too. Flawlessly reliable and pretty darn accurate. Big gun but that's ok. In a fit of ignorance I sold it to a buddy who still has it and won't sell it back. :): Some day.....

Top Bottom