• ...and so much more!
  • Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I am more lucky (luckier?) than you.
    My wife encourages my hobby but does not participate (although she may get an Lady Smith at some point).
    This leaves mo money for me and my guns.
    Less competition.

Besides all that. Congrats on your situation!

Hurley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Georgetown, IN
    Wife's pink sheet arrived today!

I already posted this in the LTCH wait time forum, so I hope I am not breaching protocol for posting here as well. But....

My wife's lifetime LTCH arrived in our mailbox this afternoon. Details....

Floyd County
    Traditional fingerprinting at the Sheriff's office (non-L1)

Applied on-line: October 9, 2012
    Finger Prints & local fee paid: October 10, 2012 (mailed the same day)
    Money Order cashed: October 15, 2012
    Issue Date: January 21, 2013
    Arrived: January 26, 2013

Went to the UPS Store first thing & made four copies on pink paper, she signed them & had them all laminated.

She is a very happy gal today. When Mama is happy, every body is happy. :)

quake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Your right, Hurley. You are a lucky, lucky man. Congratulations. Hope it turns into many hours of quality time spent together.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To Hurley,

I hope folks read this and understand the importance of gentle pressure over time. All too often we hear about "just giving up" and not talking to the other side.

Well, you were married to her and it only took 20 years! Patience and perseverance have paid off for your family.

Hopefully all conversions don't take this long but if they do we need to start yesterday.

Regards,

Doug

Hurley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Georgetown, IN
    To Hurley,

I hope folks read this and understand the importance of gentle pressure over time. All too often we hear about "just giving up" and not talking to the other side.

Well, you were married to her and it only took 20 years! Patience and perseverance have paid off for your family.

Hopefully all conversions don't take this long but if they do we need to start yesterday.

Regards,

Doug

Doug,

Thanks for the nice note, and you are right, gentle persuasion is best. Trying to force the issue will generally end up in frustration at best, a fight with your spouse at worst. My wife and I are not just husband and wife, but best friends too. It is great to have a hobby you and your best friend have in common. In fact, after getting copies of her license today, we went shopping for the next 4 hours at three different gun, reloading stores, and a shooting range. She bought a new OC holster and a couple gun related t-shirts while I scored a box of small pistol primers and thre pounds of powder I have been searching for. It was a pretty fun afternoon.

I hope I didn't give the wrong impression in my OP. We have been married for 20 years, but I have only been shooting for the last three years. I got my LTCH two years ago. During the first two years of shooting she showed no interest. The funniest thing was this year during a Christmas get together she was talking guns with her brother. Later he came up to me and asked what I had done to his sister. He said she would never have shot a gun while they were growing up. I said, it's not me, it's all her.

Mglii

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    After 20 years of Marriage and being around firearms and not really showing an interest. I have a similar story my wife got her LTCH in October 2012. I started taking my teenage daughters to the range with me and I think out of jealousy she decided to go. She carries a Beretta Px4 compact 9mm. and I am sorry to say she actually carries more then i do But then again I work in Chicago.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    My story went like this, she doesn't like guns. I went shooting once in awhile alone. Then i started a facebook group for like minded people, set up our first shoot, and she decided that she would come and watch. She ended up shooting my GSG 1911, and liked it. She talked about getting a gun of her own, so for Valentines day 2 years ago i bought her the only gun she liked, because it was cute. So i ended up getting her a NAA mini revolver. Fast forward, she now has her lifetime LTCH, and a few weeks ago bought her own pistol, a LC9. Now the only problem is she wants different guns, for different outfits. She liked the Sig P238, but once i showed her the Colt Mustang, that pistol has been brought up every few days. I think i may have created a monster, lucky me. Last week she actually yelled at me for NOT buying a pistol i have been wanting. Yes, my wife is the best woman i know of, and i hope she feels the same way. Now i just have to find a Mustang at a good price.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    My wife is from the Philippines. She came here about 5 yrs ago. We went to a friends in brown county shooting one day. She loved it. She applied and got her latch and now have 3glocks a arms or 38 (phillipino gun) a melted plr, s&w m&p 15-22 and m&p15 loves them all and always has a blast when we go plinking.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Yes, my wife had never shot a handgun or rifle before we met. Now she has her LTCH, shoots all of my .223 ammo, and has "claimed" my G26 as her own.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    my wife of 35 yrs:wwub: has always shot with me and my son, we use to have gun xmas when everyone got a new gun, she's always been great like that.

Hurley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Georgetown, IN
    my wife of 35 yrs:wwub: has always shot with me and my son, we use to have gun xmas when everyone got a new gun, she's always been great like that.

That is awesome. Actually, I guess it was gun Christmas here this year. The wife got her SW 642 in October as an early Christmas present, my son got a Beretta CX4 Storm, and I got a SW M&P 9c. My daughter just rolled her eyes at us and asked for clothes (typical 15 year old). We keep working on her and hope she will be a shooter before she moves out. I still have some time. :)

Last edited:

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    good luck with your girl hurley. my wife, of 10 yrs. now, is the daughter of a retired LEO, from a small town in s.w. in. she grew up around guns, hunting and fishing with her ole man. when he passed away a few years ago, I got his s.&w .357 service revolver. one real sweet gun. she talked me into buying an ar. right after the election last year, even though "santa" was coming soon. then she turns around and goes in with her aunt, and my grandson, and buys me an XDs for Christmas. so, I think I have a case for the best wife also. oh yeah, she picked up a sweet little bersa .380 a couple weekends ago, and she shoots with me a lot also. indeed gentlemen, if your wife enjots the sport of guns with you, then we are all "lucky men"

indychad

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    May 6, 2009
    Brown Co.
    I am more lucky (luckier?) than you.
    My wife encourages my hobby but does not participate (although she may get an Lady Smith at some point).
    This leaves mo money for me and my guns.
    Less competition.

Besides all that. Congrats on your situation!

Thats funny. I have the opposite problem. Every time I buy something I have to buy in pairs. My wife has her own handgun(s), shotgun and AR. This is one expensive hobby! Now I have a 4yr boy who is getting ready for a .22, you can guess where this will go. :ar15:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I can't get to the range without my GF (not that I want to though). I'm lucky to get any time in behind the bench, not to mention her ammo consumption... I wouldn't trade it though.

Top Bottom