• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremy032

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2014
    La Porte
    My grandma worked at the Kingsbury Ordnance Plant back in the day and brought home the artillery shell on the right. She gave it
    to me many years ago before her passing. This particular
    shell was used in the classroom to teach how to assemble and disassemble the round. Is there really a collectors market for these?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      105.4 KB · Views: 34
    Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    that is cool and a real piece of history. If you are considering selling, maybe get it appraised and donate it to a local museum.

Jeremy032

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2014
    La Porte
    I have thought about donating them to the Laporte County Historical Society, where they may sit with probably one of the best antique firearms collections (W.A. Jones collection) in existence. I think they deserve to be shared with many as a lot of people in the county probably has a family member that somehow took part at the Kingsbury Ordnance Plant. I have no interest in profiting from them, but as I get older I look to downsize things, and feel the local museum is where they belong sometime in the future.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I was at the museum a couple months back,and there was MG 08 I think it was ,just laying on the bottom shelf.......I don't think those little old ladies even knew what it was.

Jeremy032

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2014
    La Porte
    Honestly, I don't think the county really ever understood the value of that collection. I remember them being crammed in those cases in the basement of the county complex. There truly is guns in that collection that you really never have seen. My buddy worked on W.A Jones house on Johnson Rd.
    You could still see all the nail holes in his gun room where he hung them. That room was truly a time capsule before it got remodeled into the bed and breakfast.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    The last time I had seen it,it was in the basement of the courthouse.That was 35-40 years ago.I did not see a 1911 in that collection.If it was there,It would have been probably the newest pistol in the collection.At one time,that was the largest gun collection in the world.

Jeremy032

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2014
    La Porte
    The last time I was there it was in the courthouse basement and that was during my senior year in high school 25 years ago. Went there mainly to see the Belle Guness artifacts, in fact it was the first time I learned about our towns own serial killer. To me at that time the guns all looked like what pirates would of carried. I didn't know much about guns back then other than what I seen on a Dirty Harry or Charles Bronson movie, and definitely none of them replicated at that time, my heroes sidearms. Lol

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    There are lots of collectors out there that would love to have that, including me. However, I do appreciate you wanting to share it with a museum. If the one you are thinking about doesn't want it, you might try the Indiana War Memorial in Indy. They have a display specifically devoted to WWII war materials made in Indiana.

Top Bottom