A Race For The First Suppressed .358 Hoosier In The World!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Send me a host and some ammo, and I'll make it happen with the quickness..

lol, thats cheating!! Get your own!

Yes, the .358 Hoosier is a wildcat cartridge invented by AJ Brown as a deer legal hunting rifle in Indiana. It should be an easy 250 yard gun.

We can't hunt with suppressors right now but the .358 with heavy bullets will make a awesome subsonic off season suppressed plinker. Plus maybe SB243 will come through and I can hunt with it suppressed eventually!

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Deal. I'm serious, if someone has a host we can borrow for a while I'll get something built. I've heard rumor some prototype .450 cans being cut...

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    if you ever my way take it home with you. its even already threaded for a brake. i do need it back by september. mine is a 358 bfg but its the same bullet.

actually i can ship it to the shop since you have a ffl. but you will have to bring it back or get with me at a 1500 between now and then

Last edited:

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Why couldn't someone use a 9mm can??? Are the velocities too high for such a can? Gemtech told me i could shoot 300 BLK thru my multimount as long as they were subsonic loads:twocents:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Go!

(btw....suppressor must be a dedicated .358 Hoosier Suppressor!!)

So are you asking for a .358 Hoosier-designed, Hoosier-built, Hooser-supported can? I have an idea where one of those might come from.

Deal. I'm serious, if someone has a host we can borrow for a while I'll get something built. I've heard rumor some prototype .450 cans being cut...

I heard the rumor was prototype .458 cans. I must be out of the loop :)

I hope that would work for the .458 too! That would be so awesome!

It would be even cooler if it worked on a .50 Beowulf. That is, if such a thing existed. :)

AWC already makes .458 SOCOM cans.

But they aren't Hoosiers.

Back from SHOT. Time to get back to work J.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    So are you asking for a .358 Hoosier-designed, Hoosier-built, Hooser-supported can? I have an idea where one of those might come from.

I heard the rumor was prototype .458 cans. I must be out of the loop :)

It would be even cooler if it worked on a .50 Beowulf. That is, if such a thing existed. :)

But they aren't Hoosiers.

Back from SHOT. Time to get back to work J.
    This, in red, this is what i need.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    This, in red, this is what i need.

When he talks like that, it makes me think they have a plan for a suppressor for caliber out there. It makes me wonder if I should wait on the TM Saiga suppressor and see if they dont come up with one themselves.:stickpoke:

I cant wait to see what comes out of this race though! A .358 Hoosier built by Hoosiers, (maybe suppressed by Hoosiers), too be used by Hoosiers hunting Hoosier deer just sounds awesome. I wonder Hoo's going to win?:laugh: I crack myself up sometimes.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I looked at a 12.5" Beowulf upper today, i think that it would be awesome suppressed on my SBR. I also need something for a M10A1 with a Lage slow fire upper, just saying.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I've been trying to push him on this one too. Come on Steve make us some high volume SMG cans! :stickpoke:

Stay tuned. We're building about 1,000 Kestrel 5.56 & Kestrel 7.62 AK cans (most are already gone) right now. Then we have something a little bigger going to the machines. Then something a little bigger than that. Then I have to figure out what to do with the 5,000 feet of 1.25 tube that came in the mail today. Then I have all these AR lower blanks. Man I need a nap!

Top Bottom