• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    That, or the modern equivalent in the P220 Compact, are nice carry guns. Pretty flat, big enough to get a grip on but not much bigger, good sights, etc. It's my usual out-of-town vacation gun and my gym carry gun.

Mine does *not* like Hornady Critical Duty ammo, it patterns them instead of groups them for some reason. Every other ammo I've tried has been fine, HST bonded or PDX-1 being my preferred.

Oh, and with the 8 round extended magazine it has the same grip length as the P220 if you want a bigger grip for range sessions. I have 3 flush mount and 2 extended mags. All of today's shooting was with the flush 6 rounders.

When I travel out of town I take my P-220c for the same reasons, plus I don't have to think about mag capacity laws with the flush fit mags. Mine gets a diet of HST's too... never tried Critical Duty in it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Great shooting.

But quick question...why bust the chops of the guy next to you? Heaven forbid someone goes to the range and tries to better themselves, only to notice someone in the lane next to him making fun of him by taking pictures of his target. I remember the very first time I went shooting. It was pretty terrible. And if I would have known people were genuinely making fun of my because of my accuracy, I probably wouldn't be the enthusiast I am today. Thank goodness I surrounded myself with supportive, objective individuals who gave me regular sound advice and pointers.

Once you hit *my* target, you're fair game. That said, with the dividers between the stalls he had no idea I took a picture of his target.

If he wants to get better, repeating what he's doing isn't likely to accomplish that. A bit of training might, but I don't offer unsolicited advise at ranges.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Good shooting BBI. It is Sigalicious...

The 220 and compact are both great ways to carry the .45 IMO.

You get to see interesting things at indoor ranges like that. I remember I had one really old guy next to me once that was trying to shoot his 1911... couldn't hold it high enough to hit the bottom of his target. Made me have a sad. He looked like one of the WW2 generation.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Once you hit *my* target, you're fair game. That said, with the dividers between the stalls he had no idea I took a picture of his target.

If he wants to get better, repeating what he's doing isn't likely to accomplish that. A bit of training might, but I don't offer unsolicited advise at ranges.

Plus we are friends.....When BBI said "Hey bro you are hitting my target.." I said, "Mind your own business or post it on INGO...I don't care..In my training I believe people will dodge hard right or left so I train for that..."

:)

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus

Touche. Fair enough.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Plus we are friends.....When BBI said "Hey bro you are hitting my target.." I said, "Mind your own business or post it on INGO...I don't care..In my training I believe people will dodge hard right or left so I train for that..."

:)
    ohh strategy... I like it!

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Great shooting.

But quick question...why bust the chops of the guy next to you? Heaven forbid someone goes to the range and tries to better themselves, only to notice someone in the lane next to him making fun of him by taking pictures of his target. I remember the very first time I went shooting. It was pretty terrible. And if I would have known people were genuinely making fun of my because of my accuracy, I probably wouldn't be the enthusiast I am today. Thank goodness I surrounded myself with supportive, objective individuals who gave me regular sound advice and pointers.

Dont know if I've ever remember someone make fun of the guy that can't hit much at the range. No many experts out there. Can't help but be proud of printing a good target. Did it yesterday in fact and left that target alone just so I could bring it home. Can't really help it if it was left down there with the rest of them until the range went cold.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Question from the peanut gallery:

Usually there's a hairy beast with holes in his ears. Are you all stocked up on denim hats?

Yeah, I let time get away from me. I had more ammo loaded and the target you're speaking of but my time was up before I got to it. Next time, it's a challenging and fun target.

Disappointed in BBI. When I read the thread title I thought he was going for an update on his redhawk. :noway:

Sorry, I've been loading up a metric butt ton of .357 and don't have any .45 Colt loaded or any new .45 ACP to test out. It's running pretty well now that I cleaned up the guts. I still intend to send it to Bowen, though, just waiting on a check to come in for a side project I did. I'm also wondering if a Tyler T-grip will fit the round butt Redhawk. I'm thinking it probably will...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I spent the day with my favorite caliber, God's caliber, the .45 ACP. Indoor range, 15 yards, 112 rounds fired in 30 minutes. Roughly 50%/50% P220 and P245.

24 to the body, 24 to the head. The first magazine to the body was spread a bit vertically, but I got it dialed in pretty quickly.

20160525_115516_zpssrfu5fwx.jpg

The one in the 8 ring looks like a .38 too.

In defense of the other guy. I am a 1911A1 guy and I am pretty good with it. The last time I went to Blythe's, I did fine on my first target, but after that no matter how hard I tried I could not hit the Bull's eye. I was hitting way left. I checked my grip, trigger pull and concentrated on the front sight ( I thought ).

What was wrong? Well, on the first target I was shooting modified weaver, after that I braced against the wall and bench for more stability. What I didn't realize is that that put the pistol 2' farther down range and under a light that put a glare on the top right side of the slide. The glare looked like the front sight and no matter how much I concentrated on the front sight I shot to the left of the target.

Top Bottom