• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got one. I'm a cop, and I pick defense lawyers as heros. Talk about a thankless job. Yes, they have given me grief in court once or twice, but I would rather have them there and doing that, then not have a defense lawyer if I'm accused of something. Cops get falsely accused of stuff all the time.

Few really like lawyers until they need one...spoken from experience..

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I'm surprised you didn't surrender everything east of Denver.

Nah, we're still good out to Kansas. Even halfway or so, until you start getting near MO.

Plus our airport is about halfway to Kansas.

I live down here in conservative heaven. Can't get an argument when everyone agrees with you. Also, everyone carries, so we're all very polite.

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Feel free not to thank them... its your right. But why would it not be appropriate for anyone else to thank them?

Without them... YOUR WORLD NO LONGER EXISTS. We thank the military and LEO's because they are willing to do the ONLY job in this country that is NECESSARY and as you point out... NO ONE is forcing them to do it. Remove them and our country would soon resemble Mogadishu.

Sure there are cases when one of them or a small group of them screw up, or abuse their status/duties... but it pales in comparison to selfless duty so many of them have afforded us in the history of this country.

Right now we have the best police and military in the world and it shows. Remember that next time you are on a nice date with your wife/gf, or when you are attending your son's graduation. Maybe then, you will be a tad bit grateful that they exist, because without them none of this would be possible. And please don't tell me that you think a country, with the amount of natural resources that we currently have, with no military to protect it, and no police force to regulate it, would be a utopia LMAO....

I am not trying to stop anyone else from thanking anyone's "service to their country." In fact, I do it myself... sometimes.

How does my world stop if we had fewer cops and military personnel? Maybe my world would be BETTER if we had less cops and servicemen. The drain on the public coffers (*cough* off the back of taxpayers) would have much less of a strain on each and every one of us that produce in this nation. California is being financially killed due to bloated pensions, benefits, etc of their public sector workers, of which, police are a part. Do we really need as many cops as we have? I don't think so. Not much pisses me off more than having a cop citing a speeding violation when there are unsolved crimes such as rape, murder, burglary, etc. It irks me to no end that cops are used primarily as a revenue stream. How is that "to protect and to serve" when cops oftentimes act like there is nothing they can do about a crime. *kicking the soap box away*

And I reject the notion that our country would resemble Somalia if we had a reduced police force and military presence IF we did away with over-zealous prosecutors, courts and legislatures that create laws that defy common sense. Remember that Indiana Supreme Court ruling that allows cops to enter your home PERIOD? I will die if my home is invaded by anyone... including police if they violate my castle.

*scratches head* Let's see. When I am out with any member of my family I do not worry about what might happen. I stay alert. I stay armed. If I need a cop it will be to write a report on some perp that tried to victimize me or another.

As for needing a military, I personally think we need nothing more than a well-regulated militia (no higher than at the state level) to secure our borders. But, to do so would weaken those that most desperately wish to enslave us by not lending them the power to suppress our freedoms. As for me, I'd prefer to not be an empire as we've evolved into being.

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Let me use a loose analogy to point out the ridiculousness of the OP, aside from the fact that he has the right to believe and state said things based on this country's volunteers defending said rights.

I happen to believe that you are a huge pile of steaming poo because you live in Ft Wayne. Now my opinion may change based on whether you live there voluntarily or if you are forced to live there.

I have other thoughts on this subject. But I want my first one to sink in a bit.

Um, okay.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am not trying to stop anyone else from thanking anyone's "service to their country." In fact, I do it myself... sometimes.

How does my world stop if we had fewer cops and military personnel? Maybe my world would be BETTER if we had less cops and servicemen. The drain on the public coffers (*cough* off the back of taxpayers) would have much less of a strain on each and every one of us that produce in this nation. California is being financially killed due to bloated pensions, benefits, etc of their public sector workers, of which, police are a part. Do we really need as many cops as we have? I don't think so. Not much pisses me off more than having a cop citing a speeding violation when there are unsolved crimes such as rape, murder, burglary, etc. It irks me to no end that cops are used primarily as a revenue stream. How is that "to protect and to serve" when cops oftentimes act like there is nothing they can do about a crime. *kicking the soap box away*

And I reject the notion that our country would resemble Somalia if we had a reduced police force and military presence IF we did away with over-zealous prosecutors, courts and legislatures that create laws that defy common sense. Remember that Indiana Supreme Court ruling that allows cops to enter your home PERIOD? I will die if my home is invaded by anyone... including police if they violate my castle.

*scratches head* Let's see. When I am out with any member of my family I do not worry about what might happen. I stay alert. I stay armed. If I need a cop it will be to write a report on some perp that tried to victimize me or another.

As for needing a military, I personally think we need nothing more than a well-regulated militia (no higher than at the state level) to secure our borders. But, to do so would weaken those that most desperately wish to enslave us by not lending them the power to suppress our freedoms. As for me, I'd prefer to not be an empire as we've evolved into being.

Wow. I could have a ball with this. But I am tired and it would make no difference in your opinion. That is your right, fought for and defended by so many who are no longer with us. Some points could be debated logically but the rest, no. If you are so unhappy with the way it is then do something about it at to polls. Sounds like you are fairly unhappy with this country. We all are in some way as well but digging certain public servants are no fix. The political a$$hats have the cops ham-stringed to the point they can not do anything. You need to focus your blame thrower on a responsible target. Look around, you are way off here. JMHO

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I've always loved these stats. When was the last time a rouge Tuna or Redwood broke from their respective norms and intentionally tried to kill a fisherman or logger.

I can hear if now, "Tater, you better not go loggin' on the westside of the forest, there's a mean group of evergreens just lookin' to take out a logger"

Ask the dead fisherman or logger's family if they care the "intent" of the tuna or log.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Talk about hitting close to home. I posted this picture on FB not long ago.
    397947_2872740251869_1060770331_32975727_550407766_n.jpg

Because of this two family members disowned me. Friends of one of the family members threatened to kill my brother and his wife for comments they made in support of it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Really.
    So the fact that before WWII, wars were getting bigger and more often doesn't mean anything. Isolation only meant that our enemies picked the fight, and were eliminating potential allies.

Of course, some will bring up the present wars. And they are a drain on men and money. How about the drain of a World War.
    Like it or not, our forces are a stabilzation.
    But when we eliminate all military, except at the state level. You mean the states will provide for a "common defense"?
    Nothing against militias, or National Guards, but really?
    I guess that's because everyone else in the world is friendly, and will leave us alone because we're the ONLY BAD BOYS.

lumpy39us

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    I have been thanked on many occasions, It usually offends me!
    So THANK ALL for giving me a reason to serve, your why I did it!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Talk about hitting close to home. I posted this picture on FB not long ago.
    397947_2872740251869_1060770331_32975727_550407766_n.jpg

Because of this two family members disowned me. Friends of one of the family members threatened to kill my brother and his wife for comments they made in support of it.

Sounds like you need to weed out folks and get new friends. I rarely if ever speak to my family for this very reason. I no longer will attempt to communicate with those who are common sense challenged and feel the world owes them something. I will also walk away from folks who throw darts at LEO or military for doing the job as defined by their bosses the bureaucrats and politicians. The longer we allow them to stay in office we are putting this country on the rocks. Put the blame on the folks that deserve it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been thanked on many occasions, It usually offends me!
    So THANK ALL for giving me a reason to serve, your why I did it!

We mean no offense when given you our gratitude. It is all we can do. It is important to "Most" of us.
    I see you brave folks leaving family and friends behind to go out and police the world. Like it or not that is what we have. It makes me very sad to see all those kids watch their mothers and fathers go off to a dangerous place. I see the sorrow in their eyes. That is one of the reasons I say "Thank You"
    It is as much for those kids and those left behind.
    Those who do not feel that need some therapy........:twocents:

Top Bottom