• ...and so much more!
  • Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    1zgvtpf.jpg

I bet you thought this was gonna be some kind of joke thread. Nope. It's a real event that has been growing out here for the past few years. The premise is simple: get a bunch of rednecks together on their fourwheelers and head out cross-country, stopping at various "stations" along the way. At each station there is a course of a meal along with a wine to taste. For example they had a cheese tray set up in a lonely grove of oak trees and smoked salmon at the place where they forded Brouilett's Creek.

2z4gztj.jpg

We were the sixth station on the run, the next one to the last. Our station was at my dad's "Fishing Shack". He has it all decorated up inside with his fishing and hunting trophies. Our stop was the dessert stop.

mahy8p.jpg

Among the dessert items were a kahlua brownie trifle, chocolate and raspberry cheesecake, chocolates, bing cherries and cheese.

33k6er7.jpg

There was a selection of wines for tasting along with a Spanish style sangria with fruit floating in the wine and peaches soaking in Amaretto.

It's weird hearing the four wheelers approach, kind of like hearing a motocross going on in the distance only it steadily gets closer. Soon the first four wheelers come into view.

2eyl7dg.jpg

More and more keep coming in a long line.
    d8cyd.jpg

Somebody said there were thirty four wheelers this year. I didn't count them all.

2qsm1ef.jpg

Pretty soon we had a good crowd inside.

2n87a5j.jpg

So don't think just because we live out in the sticks that we can't have a sophisticated wine tasting party just like you city folk.

5v2e14.jpg

Top Bottom