• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I was unloading my groceries into my car once and had a couple run into my cart with there car. I just shook my head and let it go.

st8kfinger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2016
    north east
    I hate the jackwagons that pull through from the opposite side of the row and take your spot even though they see you starting to turn into it, and had a perfectly good spot where they pulled into first. Gotta save those 3 extra steps and get closer apparently!
    If I'm having a bad day and stuff like that happens I get out of my truck and start letting winch cable out, people usually get what's going on and move, if not I offer to move their car for them.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I park far out and walk so I can avoid most of the idiot drivers.

Agree with the original post, but I have learned it is beyond human ability to be considerate of others in a parking lot—at least for everyone except me!

Seriously, I started parking far out and walking the extra distance after I had a mini incident in a Wally World lot. I checked everything and everywhere, began to back out. I noticed a vehicle coming from one direction and halted, giving particular attention to an oncoming car that turned into a parking spot before reaching my location. I checked all again—looking left then right, and resumed backing out. Heard a horn blast. Looked back left and a small car was stopped behind me. Woman was blazing, claiming I hit her. Was already on the phone to the cops before I could get out of the truck.

If I was a swearing man I would swear to God that car was not there when I began to move three seconds before. She had backed out of a spot on the other side of the aisle. I am convinced she saw me backing out and tried to beat me so she would not have to wait. I refused to pay the claim she filed to my insurance for two years. I know she was at least partially responsible because she saw me moving and refused to wait to allow me to finish my maneuver first.

My insurance adjuster finally sent her company a check for 75% of the damage claim. They cashed it, so the thing is finally settled. At least she had to take some responsibility for it.

Now, I park in Siberia and always facing out. No more backing out from a parking lot space. People will NOT give you any consideration.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How is insurance liability determined in a parking lot vs public roadway? The same question with police jurisdiction?

With all due respect to our friend posting above, how would these things affect someone threatening to drag your vehicle out of their way in a parking lot?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was unloading my groceries into my car once and had a couple run into my cart with there car. I just shook my head and let it go.

I have seen this multiple times in Wally and other large chain box stores. I was an HVAC-R tech and spent far more time in these places than I cared to.

People are all so self centered. I was pulling my van into a spot once and an idiot was attempting to pull through into that spot from the other isle so they could just "Pull out when they left. They were adamant I was to back out and allow this. If you know me at all this was not going to happen as I was deep in the spot before they tried to bully into it.
    This was and still is the norm. People will cut you off for a spot 2 slots closer to the door. They get out, give you the look and walk inside nose in the phone.

I avoid these places when I can these days.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Parking lot "ettikut" does not exist! I park as far away as possible no other cars within 10 spaces either way, come out and find a vehicle parked over the lines on both sides of me, the other empty spaces still exist!! What is up with that? Just trying to make a point? I had one park crooked next to me so that he had to bang my passenger door just to get his stupid arse out (while I was sitting in the truck). That caused a scratch and dent in my door. Of course the gouge from headlight to taillight on his car probably cost about $1k to correct. My knife has a good point on it!

I also love the idiots that feel they have to dump their ashtray, trash, and dirty diapers on the lot. It's a wonder they survive.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How is insurance liability determined in a parking lot vs public roadway? The same question with police jurisdiction?

With all due respect to our friend posting above, how would these things affect someone threatening to drag your vehicle out of their way in a parking lot?

As far as LEO, as I recall they consider it no fault and in the eyes of the traffic laws since its not on the road they dont count. Lines on the pavement and signs are mere polite suggestions.

Now if I go ripping across a lot against the lines and T bone you as you are following the lines, thats not to say a jury wont say I'm at fault. Just good luck getting me to pay just because I wasnt following the lines too.

Knowing that no fault issue, I am VERY careful in a parking lot.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I usually park away from other cars because I'm lucky enough to be healthy & I don't mind walking another 50 feet. But with everyone saying they park far out in the lot, now its going to get crowded.

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    about 10 yrs ago me and the wife was at Jeffersons point in fort wayne, i was parked in a spot [inside the lines] when a lifted truck pulled in the spot in front of me and bumper tagged me. no biggie the problem was that he started to push the my mini van, so i honked at him and made a motion like move back and he did, the van moved alittle. after they left and out of sight i took his vanity plate off the front and put it in his divers side window. then the wife came out a few mins later and we left.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I usually park away from other cars because I'm lucky enough to be healthy & I don't mind walking another 50 feet. But with everyone saying they park far out in the lot, now its going to get crowded.

My my favorite s the lazy ass that sits waiting for you to load up when there is an open space 3 or 4 away.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Knowing that no fault issue, I am VERY careful in a parking lot.

I try to go out of my way to be very polite in parking lots. First of all, I'm always carrying, so avoiding confrontation is paramount. The other thing is that whatever is done to **** off others might well come back to bite? Adversaries could well recognize vehicles and drivers in the same lot again or in the vicinity? As stated by even some in this thread, pissed off parking lot adversaries might well retaliate with vandalism. This could happen at the time or later at different locations than the original confrontation.

Cameras are everywhere now days including parking lots, vehicles and everyone's pocket. They may not necessarily benefit those who believe they are in the right?

It takes a certain mindset to justify that extra 50 yards or so of walking. For me it was always avoidance of door/cart dings. I don't have real nice new vehicles, but they are maintained and clean. A lot of folks just don't think that same way.

I raised my daughters through their formative years to walk the 100 yards or so to the door to keep their vehicles nice. Where do they park now? Closet spot to the door. They wash their cars once a year, maybe...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And what's with all the stop signs now? Meijer has about five stops sign spots across the front of the store. If there's people or traffic, I'll yield, but otherwise I don't - why should I impede the flow of traffic?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    You, have touched on a VERY pet PEEVE, of mine .....

"Back in the day", there were ARROWS, showing

witch way to go .....

I strongly dislike anyone, who doesn't

know "how to drive, or park",

in a parking lot .....

I strongly dislike people who drive the wrong way,

"park the wrong way",

and back into the parking spaces.....

The parking spaces are angled, so you can

pull in, and back out of easily.....

just my two cents .....

I also, tell people about it, and THEY yell at me .....

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I usually look for these spots because they're close to the door.

If you truly have a medical handicap get a note from your doctor and use a Handicap parking space.

expectant-mothers-parking-only-sign-k2-0244.png

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    You want to see interesting parking/driving. Try working on a University campus that has commuters/residential and international students. When parking in lots I tend to park as far away from everyone else as possible. Got to get in my 12K steps per day! Plus for sanity reasons too!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You want to see interesting parking/driving. Try working on a University campus that has commuters/residential and international students. When parking in lots I tend to park as far away from everyone else as possible. Got to get in my 12K steps per day! Plus for sanity reasons too!

College students seem to be the worst - doubly so if international. They're slow, unpredictable and distracted.

Top Bottom