• ...and so much more!
  • Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Good Lord!
    I got a little drool on my keyboard there when I saw that pic.
    You don't even have the idiot mark on it.
    PLEASE have someone show you how to assemble it before you S C R A T C H the frame.
    It is a common noobie mistake and is impossible to correct without refinishing the gun.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdtc4qD3jMw
    You don't need the tool but the video will help with what an idiot scratch is.

Here's mine.
    picture.php

IMHO The only pistol more desirable is the Colt CCO.
    The Colt has the 4 1/4" barrel with the bushing instead of the 4" barrel and paper clip take down on the Kimber Compacts.

Does yours have an aluminum or steel frame?

There are two 1911 frame sizes: Government and Officers.
    The compacts have the officers frame.
    That means a shorter grip and you have to buy officers mags (6 or 7 rounds for the officers mags instead of 7 or 8 for the longer grip government frames).

The sights you describe are standard.
    Use the 6 O'colck hold and you will be nailing targets with it.

How much is it worth?
    I gave $700 for mine a few years back, however, it is the LAST gun i own that I would ever sell so I would not take considerably more than that.

Last edited:

Str8himalaya

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Good Lord!
    PLEASE have someone show you how to assemble it before you S C R A T C H the frame.
    It is a common noobie mistake and is impossible to correct without refinishing the gun.

Here's mine.
    picture.php

The Colt has the 4 1/4" barrel with the bushing instead of the 4" barrel and paper clip take down on the Kimber Compacts.

That means a shorter grip and you have to buy officers mags (6 or 7 rounds for the officers mags instead of 7 or 8 for the longer grip government frames).

How much is it worth?
    I gave $700 for mine a few years back, however, it is the LAST gun i own that I would ever sell so I would not take considerably more than that.

Mine is the aluminum frame, called kimber and they told me it was manufactured on 1/14/99. Funny enough is I was able to break it down without scratching it, but your right, it was a pain. It does have a small little trace of a scratch, and under the slide release it is a little nicked up, but I feel like I'm pretty lucky to even own this gun. Thanks for the info, by chance, what is a 6 o'clock hold? Forgive me as I am a complete noobie.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Good Lord!

Here's mine.
    picture.php

How much is it worth?

Mine looks identical to yours except i put hogue wrap arounds on it. Im looking at some meprolight night sights for it now.

Im right there with you. I only recently bought this gun but it already has a special place in my heart. Ill never sell it unless some one offers me some outrageous money for it.

Str8himalaya

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    That's the sight picture that I use, I was just unaware it was called the 6 oclock position. That makes perfect sense, that's how I used to shoot my glock. I'm just excited to see how it feels and shoots, this is ky first true firearm that I bought on my own, everything else was either a hand me down or something I shot of someone else's. If these 1911s are everything I keep hearing, it will be by far the nicest firearm I've ever had the pleasure of shooting. Finally getting to put some rounds down range tonight

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Mine is the aluminum frame, called kimber and they told me it was manufactured on 1/14/99..

So yours is a pre-series II, nice score :rockwoot:

That means it doesn't have the firing pin safety, which makes it a little more desirable to some. I've owned both the series II and pre-series II and didn't really see any difference but like I said before very sweet gun you have.

Top Bottom