• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Split

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Evansville
    Just thought it was appropriate to post in this section that I am spending my next week at a cabin on Lake Barkley in KY unplugged from the world. No internet, no cell. Just a fishing rod, tackle, a boat, a few good friends and a great woman.

Going to ride the trails at The Land Between The Lakes, really looking forward to the higher elevation change than I get locally.

Might go shoot trap at the Lake Barkley State park as well.

Just a good week outdoors and the opposite of my button down, on call 24/7, office life. I get 3 weeks vacation a year, and only one week to turn my phone off, gotta make the best out of it while I can.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Sounds like an awesome time. We've only done something like that once years ago on a teensy little island, but didn't get a whole week. I'd do it again for longer if we could. Have a GREAT time!!:yesway:

ahighland

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Bloomington
    Sounds great. It is so nice to get outdoors and disconnect from all the day to day things in life once in a while, even if only for a day.

Let us know how it goes, I'm always looking for new places to go to relatively close by.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Just thought it was appropriate to post in this section that I am spending my next week at a cabin on Lake Barkley in KY unplugged from the world. No internet, no cell. Just a fishing rod, tackle, a boat, a few good friends and a great woman.

Have fun. No way MY wife would go along on the last part though :laugh:

glock 27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    elkhart
    You will enjoy it to no end, i just took a week in the monogahelia national forest in the great state of West Virginia. Didn`t have to turn off the cell they don`t work where we camped,the closest place to get any reception was a 26 mile drive. 3 well stocked trout streams, thats why they call it almost heaven. It was close enough for me, can`t wait to do it again in the fall for deer/bear.

skier11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Bainbridge
    I highly recommend it at least once a year. It's very relaxing. Just make sure you have some sort of communication in case of emergency...cell phone you can turn on, SPOT Messenger, ELB, sat phone, ect....

Top Bottom