A2 Butt-stock / Buffer tube help please!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Rundown:

-Building a precision AR10 (Mega Arms)

-Found this stock Advanced Sniper Stock with leg for A2 Rifle and SR25 for AR15/M16 Polymer/Aluminum Made | CAA - Command Arms Accessories on Ebay for the price I wanted to pay. It came with a buffer tube already installed.

-I need a buffer and spring...​

Questions:

-What type of buffer and spring do I need with this stock/tube?

-Will this --> JP Rifles work should I decide to spend the extra cash?​
    -IF this will work... will I need to install the "supplied spacer"?
    -IF this will not work... can you tell me why?​

Thanks for all the information... I'm still trying to get ahold of all of the different types of AR parts compatibility and don't want to buy stuff that won't work right.

:ingo:

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    It appears this will work for your CAA Stock. If I am reading the info on the captured spring buffer correctly, the spacer is needed if installing in rifle length buffer tubes vs the standard carbine length tube. I am unable to tell on initial inspection if the CAA uses a rifle length buffer tube or carbine length, but it appears the JP spring will work with either.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    It appears this will work for your CAA Stock. If I am reading the info on the captured spring buffer correctly, the spacer is needed if installing in rifle length buffer tubes vs the standard carbine length tube. I am unable to tell on initial inspection if the CAA uses a rifle length buffer tube or carbine length, but it appears the JP spring will work with either.

Ok... the whole rifle length/ Carbine length thing was throwing me off a bit when reading through all of the products. You cleared it up perfectly.

Thanks

Im interested in trying out that JP quiet spring system so I'll probably save my pennies and give it a try.

Top Bottom