• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    Well it has been 6 months since I paid for my can and I finally got it in my grubby paws. (I got it 83 days from my pending date) The wait was pretty long with the 2 transfers but I am happy with my purchase. I got to the range today and put 40 rounds through my 11.5" and 20 through my 18". Both cycled fine but the 11.5" seemed like it was taking it a little hard and the trigger reset action was a little funny. I have a heavier buffer that I already put in it for the next trip. Both rifles with the can seem about as loud as a .22 (comparing to the guys next to me shooting M&P 22s) now with the can on. This means the 11.5 is way quieter (think atomic bomb loud before) and the 18" is substantially quieter. I am definitely glad I went with the 762 can to leave myself open for the future. I was going to take video but there were too many people out their to mess with that. Maybe next time I'll get the range to myself so I can get some video.

The case mounts nice on my bag - black would be nice but whatever:
    DSC02242.jpg

18"
    DSC02237.jpg

DSC02230.jpg

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'm trying to decide which can to go with as well. Sounds like you are pleased with the .30 cal on the .223. You mentioned it sounds like a .22LR, so still not quiet enough to shoot all day without earprotection, right?

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    I'm trying to decide which can to go with as well. Sounds like you are pleased with the .30 cal on the .223. You mentioned it sounds like a .22LR, so still not quiet enough to shoot all day without earprotection, right?

You still get the sonic crack on any gun that is throwing lead faster than the speed of sound. Even a 22 can on most rifles with standard ammo have the sonic crack which is pretty loud. That is why people like to call them suppressors and not silencers. So if you know that going in you'll still be impressed with the sound reduction you do get and will not be disappointed that it doesn't sound like the movies.

22 cans on pistols and on rifles with sub sonic ammo do sound "hollywood quiet"

I am happy with my purchase and the sound reduction on the 11.5" is amazing and is impressive on the 18" as well. I shot only 2 rounds without hearing protection and it wasn't bad. If you were going to shoot a bunch though you'd probably want to have muffs or plugs in. I am very happy with the .30 cal can on the .223 and don't see the reason for .223 cans if you ever plan on having a gun "collection".

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood

it really is basically the same sound as a regular 22 rifle, just a diffrent tone...

so its comfortable to shoot with out ear protection, but for long extened sessions I would want some plugs :twocents:

the diffrence it makes on an sbr is amazing.
    I have never tried mine on my 20 inch but maybe some day ill slap it on.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    Took the 762 out today on the 11.5. There was actually a number of fellows around with supressors as well. We compared mine against a yhm phantom on a 16" gun and there wasn't much difference to our ears. 2 guys had me write down the model number because they were pretty impressed with the performance of the can on a 5.56 rifle. good day at the range meeting some cool guys and hearing different cans.

Top Bottom