• OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    header.jpg

This was not only my first Force on Force class, but also the first Force on Force Class in Mindset Laboratory's new space. This was a HUGE eye opener. Its nice to be able to see how well your skills transition into a live scenario.

This class is kept pretty basic to give you an introduction on Force on Force. It does an excellent job of displaying how even the smallest decision making in a high stress environment will cause some things to break down. Even some fundamentals that we've all done hundreds of times such as your basic draw stroke.

This Class has definitely opened my eyes to a new style of training that is very beneficial. I want to thank Shay for doing everything that is necessary to offer these types of classes. It was a good class that you learn a ton about yourself and how to apply thinks in real world situations.

I highly recommend this class for anyone serious about self-defense training. It's a completely different level of stress compared to other traditional live-fire classes. Paper targets don't shoot back and aren't moving and yelling. It's hard to explain how much you learn even from the smallest details.

Here is one picture that I stole from Shay's thread that was taken at the intro class. As you can see he's built a street scene with shops and storefronts to give a very realistic training environment.

3a6e46b8.jpg

These classes are a great way to assess what you'd really do in a certain situation. Two of the biggest things I learned today:
    • Make your own 911 Calls. Don't let someone else possibly misinterpret the situation. I learned this the hard way as the role player's first sentence made me realize the huge mistake I had made.
    • Be aware of surroundings. This includes all potential exits so you can better your position if possible.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom