• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    After Action Report:
    Incident: Man with a gun seen open carrying.

So there I was, attending a Tuesday evening prerequisite class holding me back from a B.S. in Industrial Engineering. I look over as the class begins to filter in, and.....wait for it...

MAN WITH A GUN!

He was even Open Carrying!

THE OUTRAGE!

There I was, scared out of my mind! Doesn't this person know that IUSB is a GUN FREE ZONE!?

The gun could have flung itself out of his retention holster and killed a child!

But....here's the really weird thing...

Despite the OC'ing nature of the threat, and that it was black and scary looking.....no one was running. No one seemed alarmed. He even got a few respectful nods! WTF!?

He was a danger to us all!

What if he went mental!?

I leaned over and asked a classmate, a gentleman a bit older than myself. "Do you think that his presence is hampering the educational atmosphere of our class? Do you feel intimidated? Do you feel as if your opinion, and your actions are being oppressed in this vicinity of a scary black weapon?"

He shook his head and smiled!

The NERVE!

Of course, the guy was an off duty police officer in civvies just back from working a crime scene...

No Panic, No calls to 911, no JBT's showing up to see who it was...

All was calm and peaceful.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    The worst part of going to IUSB was driving through and living in off campus housing in River Park: Home to cop killers and the notorious 'Wooden Indian' motel.

I never carried a gun there when I was a student, but I did carry a large fixed blade knife concealed.

I also saw several non students carry weapons on campus when visiting firends (both pistols and large belt knives) and nobody ever said anything to any of them.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Good thing it was IUSB and not a preschool or day care. Those 5 year old little girls would have murdered him with their Hello Kitty contraband....

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    After Action Report:
    Incident: Man with a gun seen open carrying.

So there I was, attending a Tuesday evening prerequisite class holding me back from a B.S. in Industrial Engineering. I look over as the class begins to filter in, and.....wait for it...

MAN WITH A GUN!

He was even Open Carrying!

THE OUTRAGE!

There I was, scared out of my mind! Doesn't this person know that IUSB is a GUN FREE ZONE!?

The gun could have flung itself out of his retention holster and killed a child!

But....here's the really weird thing...

Despite the OC'ing nature of the threat, and that it was black and scary looking.....no one was running. No one seemed alarmed. He even got a few respectful nods! WTF!?

He was a danger to us all!

What if he went mental!?

I leaned over and asked a classmate, a gentleman a bit older than myself. "Do you think that his presence is hampering the educational atmosphere of our class? Do you feel intimidated? Do you feel as if your opinion, and your actions are being oppressed in this vicinity of a scary black weapon?"

He shook his head and smiled!

The NERVE!

Of course, the guy was an off duty police officer in civvies just back from working a crime scene...

No Panic, No calls to 911, no JBT's showing up to see who it was...

All was calm and peaceful.

Now that the class is desensitized you should OC next class.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I hate fake thread titles in some feeble attempt to gain viewers, and the ludicrous rants about... nothing.

He was an off-duty cop carrying a handgun. So? :rolleyes:

Once again, an 'OCT' type response, exaggerating some 'need' for attention, I suppose? :dunno:

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I hate fake thread titles in some feeble attempt to gain viewers, and the ludicrous rants about... nothing.

He was an off-duty cop carrying a handgun. So? :rolleyes:

Once again, an 'OCT' type response, exaggerating some 'need' for attention, I suppose? :dunno:

No, I just found it interesting that there were no screams and people diving behind desks....

How about "He was an off-duty power plant worker, carrying a handgun, so?"

or

"She was an off duty OfficeMax clerk, carrying a handgun, so?"

I don't see how this is an OCT type response other than the fact that he was carrying safely, and nothing bad whatsoever happened....just like a majority of OC'ers, and CC'ers as well.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom