• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MWCMT

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    South
    I can't say enough to show my appreciation for Lovemywoods and family for opening their home to us. Great food as well as great hospitality.

Thanks to the vendors for letting us play with all the cool toys.

Had a great time and learned a bunch.

:ar15:

bksboiler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    A little late but wanted to be sure to get mine in as well.

Thanks to all that put this event together, the vendors that provided the hardware and instruction, those that served as ROs, and all others that helped.

To lovemywoods and family thank you again for the great hospitality and opening up your home and range for us all.

It was said many times on Saturday but I'm going to repeat it again. It’s great to live in a country and a time where we were allowed to participate in something like we did Saturday.

Once again THANK YOU to all that put this together for all of us.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Here are a few teaser pics!

This picture sure tells a story . . .

59d8c930.jpg

1919 Digging Company

00645867.jpg

Yay belt-fed!

ba8d545d.jpg

Don't mess with the ROs! Especially Tinman!

6fa778ca.jpg

Old ammo?

91ec34d2.jpg

cavemike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am late to this but I would like to thank first of all Dave, the Mrs, Evan, and Kelly for letting us have the opportunity to enjoy their property and household and everyone who brought their toys for us to play with.

As far as the weaponry is concerned, I was most impressed with the PPSH41, that thing is a buzzsaw. If I ever win the lottery that will be my first NFA purchase.

I just wish my Indonesian surplus 308 would have run better in the 1919.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    To all Involved in setting this up........I send out a big
    THANK YOU

I had an excellent time! Good guys, great food, and awesome guns:ar15:
    I was really impressed with the planning, and preparation that went into this event.

It was definately appearant this shoot took major time, effort, money, and
    generosity to set this up and make it happen. Once again...THANKS!
    Dominic

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    feeling the LOVE!

And I was even on my best behavior this weekend :D ............. shut up bigcraig

Oh..........I could tell you were behaving. Because when we were giving our impromptu "lesson" you normally would have stabbed me for real and not just mimic'd the procedure!

Last edited:

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    great time

I had a a great time and met some great people on Saturday and hope to be loading some videos in the next few days.

I wanted to thank everyone that attended. I think everyone showed up to have good time while staing safe. As the saying goes and I heard several times "most fun you can have with your cloths on". Everyone was good to talk to, handed off mags to make sure you got to shoot and willing to help take your camera and take video. I showed my wife the one video of Stan running 72 rds thru the russian machinegun and she ask what that was called. I told I did not remember and she told me I was going to need to know that if I was going to get her one. (PS-I need the recipe of the Mac and cheese that was brought on Sat.)

I can not even describe how well the event was ran with help of people like lovemywoods, esrice, shooter521, bigcraig, cwood and I am sure I am forgetting some and I appoligize. This was very thought out on how to have fun and be safe while doing so. The information abour the laws and forms required that was shared by everyone was great.

Have to thank Stan, Cory, Ralph, sparky03 and everyone else that brought all the toys. Without these people we would have just stood around and talked about guns and while that would have been a good time and maybe a little cheeper not as much fun.:ar15:

And most of all I want to thank lovemywood and his wife for all letting us invade their place to have a place to shoot and have a great meal. I am so jealous of their place but very glad they were willing to share it for the day. I do not know if I can shoot better that Dave but I bet I could catch a bigger fish out of that pond. :):

:ingo::rockwoot:

bluto67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    who was that fat guy with the black shirt and chevy hat firing that 1919.... oh that was me. next time shoot me from my good side, when we find it. damn that was fun. thanks again!!!

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Final round count over 900 rounds. I have sore thumbs still on monday.

I believe the UZI surppressed sub gun was my personal fav.

Best of all I got to spend over 12 hours with redneckmedic, yukon227 and ftbastard, and I think they will still talk to me.

Can wait to get some paperwork in order and get started into the NFA club.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Things I learned at NFA Day!

1 That the INGO family reminds me of the extended family I had during my BMX racing days with my sons. Every one makeing sure that a good time is had by all.
    2 German surplus ammo runs good in in an american Browning 1919!
    3 An AK 47 is more of a hand full that I expected. Hollywood makes every thing look easy. But a lot of fun!
    4 The Grease gun is the coolest "UGLY" gun I've ever fired and a marvel of simplicity.
    5 I want a suppressed .22 realy bad!
    6. The paper work for NFA Items is not that hard to fill out. It's the stack of cash you need for a full auto gun that's the hard part!
    7. And mount Evrest is nothing compared to going back up the Love My Woods Hill! It's back to the gym for me, and extra Arthritis Meds! :D
    8. And If you have arthritic hands like I have...the following may not be a good Idea, but I enjoyed it anyway!
    http://youtu.be/ZKAkFOygwhg
    http://youtu.be/lMAGU7ZeWAE

Last edited:

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I will echo what has already been said. Thank you to everyone who made this event possible, especially the Rice family for welcoming complete strangers onto their property to shoot.

Events like this is what makes INGO special. The day was run by top-notch people, which made for a great, safe and most of all, FUN day. The transitions between the different class III weapons were great (it allowed my thumbs to rest a bit). I had a general understanding about the NFA process, but the instruction clarified some foggy areas for me. It is wonderful that the knowledgeable people on INGO share their information so freely, without making you feel "stupid," as some other sites/people do. Like was said at the event, "there is power in numbers," and hopefully, I will be able to join the class III community soon.

My shopping list just got a bit longer. I will be supporting the vendors that supplied the hardware for the event. I just don't know what to buy first, I want one of each. :D

Oh yea, my favorite was the M16 with the short barrel that Tinman helped me with. It was LOUD and I loved feeling the concussion from the rounds and the fireball coming out of the barrel. I don't know who's it was, but I'm sure Tinman was getting tired of seeing my ugly mug in the red shirt keep coming up to shoot. A close second was VUPD's suppressed M&P-45. That thing was just awesome. I think I may jump on the M&P bandwagon. Wait, what am I saying? Everything I shot was awesome. I can't pick a favorite. I didn't get to shoot the PPSH or the AK, but that was my fault.

Thanks again to everyone that made this event possible. I will never forget INGO NFA Day 2011.

ETA: Only movie I have. Me shooting the M16.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB-32D-2uq4

Last edited:

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oh yea, my favorite was the M16 with the short barrel that Tinman helped me with. It was LOUD and I loved feeling the concussion from the rounds and the fireball coming out of the barrel. I don't know who's it was, but I'm sure Tinman was getting tired of seeing my ugly mug in the red shirt keep coming up to shoot.

Actually, that was an NFA day hybrid. As often happens at these kind of events, we started mixing and matching for some fun. That's my SBR upper on PrintMitch's M16 lower. It definitely made for a great combo. I think it won the muzzle blast award for the weekend. By the way, what were you running for ammo? It definitely had the most flash I've seen out of that little thing!

No sweat on you coming back, that's why we brought them ;) Glad you enjoyed it and had fun.

Tinman....

boljr01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Adrenaline beginning to subside...

...so let's do it again :D I can see how this can be addictive.

Some things I took away:
    • absolutely humbled by the graciousness of the entire Rice family and their willingness to share their faith, home, and hobby with complete strangers; truly appreciated on multiple levels.
    • amazement at the selflessness of the vendors allowing all to shoot their very expensive investments/toys; I'll strive to remember this when I join the NFA club and will definitely remember this when pulling proverbial NFA trigger and making purchase(s).
    • surprised at my luck to be drawn for the event (first time 'winning' anything I can recall).
    • reminded that I need to continue to search for opportunities to get the family out of the neighborhood/city and into the woods.
    • NFA paperwork not as intimidating as initally appears; same may apply to FFL/SOT.
    • a strategic NFA investment (i.e.- registered receiver or DIAS) could yield multiples of fun / multiple calibers.
    • S. Lick Creek Road would have been a blast on the bike.
    Thanks to all involved for the opportunity and lessons.

Bflo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    I like to thank Lovemywoods and his family for their gracious hospitality, the vendors for bringing their awesome toys, and everyone who contributed to such an awesome day. :ingo:

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom