51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi's AAR

--FINANCIAL UPDATE--
    Pre-Event Pot: $44.02
    Expenses:
    $44 - Plywood x 5 sheets
    Donations: $82.60 (s&w luvr, jay, shootindave, Jay's sister, Joe)
    Post-Event Pot: $82.62

Thank you for all the donors over the course of this year. Without your contributions the plywood and other items we have given would NOT have been possible.
    ---

--DNR RO TALK--
    Mr. Kraft left early so I was not able to talk to him. :( We did spray paint the plywood and left it next to the shed. The "backup RO" did see it and said Thank You!
    ---

---THE RANGE---
    We really expanded this time around and had chairs/tables/canopies all over the back end of the 25 yard yard. I'm sure some pics will show what I mean. We had a total of 54 people show up!
    ---

--FOOD UPDATE--
    We have

• 2 bags of unopened chips,
    • case of bottle water
    • salt & pepper,
    • BBQ sauce x 1
    • Ketchup x 2
    • Relish x 1
    • Mustard x 1 or 2??
    • 40 burger buns
    • 8 hot dog buns
    • yellow and pepper jack cheese

Thank you to everyone that donated food this month! The FRUIT was a major hit!!! Especially the grapes and cherries! :rockwoot:

We are however out of the following:

• pop
    • desserts
    A special thank you to ShootinDave, Mrobnixious, and lonehoosier for manning the grills. Those big grills really helped with the burgers. We had 5 grills at the shoot this time around. :D

Liquid wise we were OK. I came back with 1/2 a gallon of water left out of the 5 gallon cooler. Looks like we went thru about 3 cases of pop, and a ton of water & Gatorade.

--NEW GUEST--
    We had quiet a few new guest and some general public members as well.
    ---

--SPECIAL EVENTS--
    This month we did 3 competitions: Pistol, Quick Rifle, and Goober135's rifle comp.

Pistol Results (I'm going off memory)
    1st place was shootingDave (Won an INGO cap)
    2nd place was :dunno: (Won an INGO patch)
    3rd place was :dunno: (Won an INGO keychain)

The Boo-Boo Award goes to jamesearljones???

--MY DAY--
    Got to the range at around 8AM to got some alone shooting time!

Was able to shoot my 1911 with my reloads and it was great! Until it went bad. 120 rounds into shooting my gun was having failures to extract the casings. ShootinDave looked at it and he told me that the extractor pin had broke. :( The gun has had 992 rounds in it before the extractor broke. :xmad: Several members suggested I get a Combat Wilson Bullet Proof Extractor. So hopefully it comes in before the next Meet & Shoot and I can try it out again. In the mean time my 1911 is on sick leave. :(:(:(

I was also able to do some appleseed targets during the day but I focused on shooting with .308 and the mosin. My oh my what bad results.

Attempt 1 - 144 (Unqualified) HK-91 .308
    Attempt 2 - 110 (Unqualified) HK-91 .308
    Attempt 3 - 55 (Unqualified) FAL
    Attempt 4 - 75 (Unqualified) FAL
    Attempt 5 - 100 (Unqualified) Mosin M44

I like the feel of the FAL but I guess it does not like me for shooting. The HK-91 did not feel right but I got a better score with it. No clue why? :dunno: Will have to try again I guess.

Sadly SOMEONE WHO WILL NOT BE NAMED did not bring the SCAR heavy so I could not compare it to the other 2. Oh well the "hunt for a .308 rifle" continues I guess.

The mosin well it's just a loud, fireball fun gun to shoot. Extending the bayonet does help. :n00b:

--FINAL THOUGHTS--
    Great event all! Good times all around. It's a ton of work and I'm tired as sin but seeing the post and videos and pics of all the smiles makes it worth it. Plus we had Jay's sssssiiiiiiisssssstttttteeeeeerrrrr there that I think stayed away from those :puke: GLOCKs. :rofl:

-Jedi

ps.
    That was not very nice t-star of rubbing that :puke: GLOCK magazine on me. I'm still itching from it. ;)

ps2.
    Anyone want to run the pistol comp next month? :dunno:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    nwi_ingo.jpg

We have arrived!!!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I had another great time. I wish that I could have gotten there sooner, but due to some medical issues, I was running late. It was Silver's first time at the range. She said that she had a great time as well, and is looking forward to the next meet and shoot that she can make. Also, she wanted to thank the members that took the time to answer her questions. She said, sorry, that she is not the best with names.
    I also would like to thank the lady that gave me the adhesive bandage. I am really grateful, as it was already causing me HUGE headaches earlier. I am sorry that I didnt catch and remember your name. Next time, I owe you.
    Food- Burgers were wonderful. Silver especially liked all the bacon and the watermelon. (as did I!)
    NRA, was glad he was there, as Silver was able to get some pretty nice SWAG for me.
    All in all, had another great day out at the range, and looking forward to the next one that we can both make. Thanks to all the people that helped out and made this happen.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    @Jedi- I'd be willing to take a crack at the pistol comp if I'm able to attend the next meet and shoot. I've started to run out of ideas for the rifle comp! :):

@All- unfortunately I wasn't able to make it until a littler later, but as always, I still had a great time! Had a lot of fun BS'ing after nearly everyone else left with some fun stories!;)
    Really hoping I'll be able to make the next shoot!

P.s.- Congrats to the winners of my rifle comp, even though only a few people competed. I feel like my comp scared off all you old farts because it involved not only accuracy, but also MEMORY! :p:):

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    --SPECIAL EVENTS--
    This month we did 3 competitions: Pistol, Quick Rifle, and Goober135's rifle comp.

Pistol Results (I'm going off memory)
    1st place was shootingDave (Won an INGO cap)
    2nd place was :dunno: (Won an INGO patch)
    3rd place was :dunno: (Won an INGO keychain)

The Boo-Boo Award goes to jamesearljones???

I was one of the new guys at the event and had a great time.
    I took 3rd place in your pistol competition and 2nd place in Goobers rifle competition, I didn't fair so well in the quick rifle comp.

I met alot of great people today and look forward to the next event I can make. I work Saturdays so can only make Sundays.

Of the members guns I did get to shoot some were very memorable.
    Auntiebellum's Ruger Scout rifle was awsome.
    Repeter1977 that Scar felt like I was shooting a 22lr
    and Subtlesixer03's FS2000 just had a cool factor and shot real nice to boot.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    A couple of thoughts.

I thought three competitions was too many.

When the competitions were over, the people competing should have brought the tables being used back behind the firing line. Thankfully my table came out unscathed, but one of Jedi's tables took at least two hits.

BrandonHtwo0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Portage, IN
    Just wanted to chime in as this was my first ingo event and I had a blast. Was great to meet a great group of people and Im already looking forward to the next event. Food was great, and I had my first bacon cupcake :D

I ended up taking 2nd in the pistol competition due to calibur, so now i just gotta find me a .50 AE Desert Eagle for next time! :D

Im horrible with names, but thanks to Andrew? For letting me fire his pimped out hipoint cabine and to the guy with the bubba mosin, very very cool!

kdar06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Valparaiso, IN
    This was my first INGO event as well. KLB was trying to get me out there for a few months, but I couldn't with my schedule. Nice group of people.

I'm brand new to guns. The only thing I've fired prior to the event was KLB's 22 LR (before the silencer) and Beretta 9mm.

Thanks to Lonehosier for teaching me how to properly hold and fire a pistol.

I also agree that the bacon cupcakes were delicious. I can't convince my gf to make them though.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Looks like a lot of fun was had by all :(

:D

I'm jealous but holy crap... Jedi looks MORE like a terrorist than before! Jesus dude I prefered you with the taliban beard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom