• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I recomend you have at least 3 different reference sources before starting to reload. No, they won't match each other, but by comparing the recomended min and max loadings, you will have a better feel as to where you should start and stop.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I recomend you have at least 3 different reference sources before starting to reload. No, they won't match each other, but by comparing the recomended min and max loadings, you will have a better feel as to where you should start and stop.

The book he's looking for isn't a loading guide, it's a book that teaches you the basics of reloading.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I agree with the idea of having 2 or more books to reference, and I also use certain manufacturer websites to cross-reference data, but there is one exception I will make note of...Lyman's manuals have data for various bullets and is a great way of getting a lot of information, from one book.

When I started out, I shot almost exclusively Sierra bullets, because they were so accurate. As a result, I had their manual. When I started shooting Speer and Nosler and Hornady bullets, I bought their manuals, too. These days, pretty much all of the bullet makers are putting out very accurate bullets, so having one manual that touches on many of them is a real plus.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    The Bill Chevalier book is the one mentioned in the forum "Sticky". I almost bought the Rodney book until I noticed the different author.

As for the other books I bought: Hornady, Speer and Lyman.

Rhino12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I received the ABC's of reloading 7th edition (edited by Bill Chevalier). Although it isn't the latest, the information is solid in the book and was a GREAT first read prior to my first purchase of reloading equipment (last year). I am still reading several other books as well as constantly reading reloading forums for more answers.

Rhino12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I haven't seen a list of the differences to be honest (nor read/owned both versions). I assume references were updated and any new models/techniques were added (or antiquated were removed)...

Unobogus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Yes, they are very different. I own the entire collection. I have enjoyed experimenting with some of the handgun loadings, making wood bullets and revolver shotshells.
    So in your opinion, if I were just trying to learn to reload will the one by James work or do I need to buy the other?

Top Bottom