• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The rule is no.If they see a print they will not let you in(go back to your car and lock it up).They do pat down at some events and the same result would happen.If you are going with someone else give them your ticket and try to pass through first,that way they are not standing there waiting while you run back to the car if you are asked to.i have CC at a few events there with no problem,but have seen others turned away.

bordhed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    indy
    if you're asking specifically about the Chevelle show tonight... 1st, have a great time, had to sell my tix... and 2nd, DEFINITELY don't try to bring it in. They've recently gone to the full on rub down. I actually said "thank you" to the chick who i watched virtually molest my wife before the BB show a few weeks back.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    Does anyone know what the carry status is at the Murat theater in Indy?
    Yes or no carry.
    Thanks

As with any place in Indiana which has not been specifically designated a no carry location by state law, it is perfectly legal to carry at the Murat.

That said, whether or not you will face a metal detector (wand) at the front door seems to depend on what act/performance is playing. On my two most recent visits (The Lion King and 99.5's Jingle Jam) I was not wanded at all.

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    Went there to see Kathy Griffin with (for) my wife in the past year or so.
    No trouble at all... didn't even get the pat-down.
    Kind of strange feeling like I was probably the only guy out of a few hundred in the room that was carrying.

I bet you would get the wand or at least a pat-down for Chevelle or another decent act though.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I also went to the Black Crows last year... got a very thorough pat down. I figured this would be the case, so I didn't carry. Note: sparked up a conversation with the uniformed officer on my way out... Me: I see security here is pretty tight, do you have a lot of problems? Her: We can have a problem if you want! NICE!

Went to a musical (Chicago) with my wife. No security what-so-ever. I ignored the 'no guns' sign on my way in.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Went to a musical (Chicago) with my wife. No security what-so-ever. I ignored the 'no guns' sign on my way in.

You might specify the musical's NAME was Chicago... you weren't IN Chicago :D

I went to see Skynyrd at Verizon a while back and was surprised to see all they did was pat your front pockets to see if anything was in them. I totally regretted not carrying... wasn't particularly comfortable walking back to the car that night.

breas1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Indy
    Probably not the best idea. They spotted my knife on my pants in my back pocket when i walked in. They do have a pretty good idea of what to look for.

Top Bottom