Abraham Lincoln: If you like your slaves, you can keep your slaves.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    "I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so."
    - Abraham Lincoln, first inaugural address

"I understand a proposed (Corwin) Amendment to the Constitution has passed Congress, to the effect that the Federal Government shall never interfere with the domestic institutions of the States, including that of persons held to service. Holding such a provision to now be implied constitutional law, I have no objection to its being made express and irrevocable."
    - Abraham Lincoln, first inaugural address

The Drifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Cedar Lake
    So he lied , whats new ? What a super President . Ask 620,000 dead Americans. I guess the more wars you start , and the more good men and women you get killed , makes you the bestest Pres. ever. AHHHHHHHHHHHH bull hockey .

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    I find it fascinating that people think politicians were any more honest then, than they are now.

I find it fascinating that people still place faith in politicians even after all this time.

Further, I assert that the more politicians can identify themselves with Lincoln, the more faith will be placed in politicians by the people.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Wow. I left another mark, huh?:D

Bleeding and dazed they sputter about Lincoln.

The solution for the Libertarians is obvious, don't vote for Lincoln. Maybe you can get Jeffy Davis or Stephens to run again. Pick Stephens, he has a stump speech drafted and ready for your convention.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Lincoln did a number of things - as all presidents and politicians do - to a particular end, this is an example of one. He also had to agree slaves were "property" in order to seize them while at war...to free them (Emancipation Proclamation | Summary Facts). He knew he needed the votes to get the 13th amendment in place to finalize the deal (Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), but needed to take steps to that end.

So, agree or disagree with the end game plan, it is up to the smart voter to decide and decipher what's truly going on in Washington. What is said or done at any given time is never the whole story - ever - by any politician with an R or a D or an I or an L by his/her name. It's the way it's always been. If you agree with the desired result of a series of actions, you join. If you disagree, you fight. Politics is more akin to chess than checkers.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Cuba demands that the U.S. return the naval base at Guantanamo Bay to them or they will take it by force if necessary. They also stipulate that if the U.S. attempts to send supplies to the base they will fire upon it. They then do so and use their military to occupy the base.

According to INGO Libertarian legal minds; the U.S. President is guilty of starting a war.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How Libertarians can support the Confederate States of America, given their conscription, oppression of local regions and opposition of seccession from the CSA (True to the Union, East TN, West NC, Free State of Jones, etc), internal passports, and bondage, is beyond me unless that is what Libertarians really lust for. I fear that it is.

Libertarians and the Confederacy

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Lincoln did a number of things - as all presidents and politicians do - to a particular end, this is an example of one. He also had to agree slaves were "property" in order to seize them while at war...to free them (Emancipation Proclamation | Summary Facts). He knew he needed the votes to get the 13th amendment in place to finalize the deal (Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), but needed to take steps to that end.

So, agree or disagree with the end game plan, it is up to the smart voter to decide and decipher what's truly going on in Washington. What is said or done at any given time is never the whole story - ever - by any politician with an R or a D or an I or an L by his/her name. It's the way it's always been. If you agree with the desired result of a series of actions, you join. If you disagree, you fight. Politics is more akin to chess than checkers.

<gasp\> How dare you lump libertarians in with Rs and Ds! Libertarian candidates are pure as the driven snow. They never lie. Their arguments are always valid and logical and consistent with every position they hold. They have not even one ounce of hypocricy in them. And they have a hypocrisy detector to prove it.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    <gasp\> How dare you lump libertarians in with Rs and Ds! Libertarian candidates are pure as the driven snow. They never lie. Their arguments are always valid and logical and consistent with every position they hold. They have not even one ounce of hypocricy in them. And they have a hypocrisy detector to prove it.

I see the intended purple and you made me laugh.

It's the game. No one likes the game, but we must play the game. Most thinking people knew Obama was not truthful when he made the statement you can keep your plan. It's one of many steps toward his end, one that I disagree and therefore fight. I don't really blame him for lying, I expect it. I understand the game and see through all the fluff. Healthcare was broken, now it's broken worse. Lincoln never agreed with slavery, but did what he had to do to see them free. You can't affect change if you're not in office. I don't like it, neither did he. No one does. I hate lying and don't practice it myself (unless the wife asks if she looks over weight). But this is the topology on which we find ourselves sojourners.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I find it fascinating that people think politicians were any more honest then, than they are now.

I have never.....ever believed anything that spews from a politicians lips or pen.

Their sole purpose is to obtain and maintain a seat of power at the big boy table.

Anything good for the people that comes from that is an accident.

JMHO

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    How Libertarians can support the Confederate States of America, given their conscription, oppression of local regions and opposition of seccession from the CSA (True to the Union, East TN, West NC, Free State of Jones, etc), internal passports, and bondage, is beyond me unless that is what Libertarians really lust for. I fear that it is.

Maybe that's what does it for some :naughty:

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I have never.....ever believed anything that spews from a politicians lips or pen.

Their sole purpose is to obtain and maintain a seat of power at the big boy table.

Anything good for the people that comes from that is an accident.

JMHO

I'm willing to throw the bastiges a bone and not be quite so cynical. I think power is a big motivator, but I also think most politicians have something they'd like to accomplish that is in keeping with their world view. I detest lying, but understand why politicians do what they do. Yes, they want to keep their job - it's not been a service for many, many years - it's a career now. But, there's a part of each office holder that wants to affect change. That's the part I'm looking for and thus decide to vote for or against. It's not really personal for me, I disagree 180 degrees out of phase with, the current POTUS agenda.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm willing to throw the bastiges a bone and not be quite so cynical. I think power is a big motivator, but I also think most politicians have something they'd like to accomplish that is in keeping with their world view. I detest lying, but understand why politicians do what they do. Yes, they want to keep their job - it's not been a service for many, many years - it's a career now. But, there's a part of each office holder that wants to affect change. That's the part I'm looking for and thus decide to vote for or against. It's not really personal for me, I disagree 180 degrees out of phase with, the current POTUS agenda.

And I see and agree with this to a point.
    Look at who is funding said politician. All the money and power behind them. That will be the direction of change they will seek if and when elected. Follow the money. Simple as that.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

Excellent video. The sad thing for me, and probably the reason I get involved in these stupid threads, is that I agree with so many things the Libertarians believe in and would love to be able to join them, but first they have to stop peddling this nonsense.

Top Bottom