• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JonN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    IN
    I've shopped online at Academy but never in a store. How does it compare to Dunhams?

I occasionally stop when passing the Columbus Dunhams thinking I'll find a deal. Usually ends in frustration! I did find out they will price match any gun though if you can show its legit cheaper somewhere else.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Went into the new one in Jeffersonville for first time couple weeks ago. Have ordered online before but first time in an actual store. Pretty nice, I didn't think prices were to bad. I did meet an idiot behind the gun counter. They had one of the Glock 17 Gen 1 remakes in stock. I commented about it and his only reply was " I hate Glocks they feel like a board in my hand". I wanted to tell him I really don't give a S!@# what you think but quietly moved on. Other then that guy it was good visit I'll go back again.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Bass pro is more expensive than anyone, but I do agree about academy prices being cheaper than a lot of places. If you do have gift cards, etc to bass pro and have to go there, I have had them price match on several things in the past. They would do any brick store within 100 miles. Just fyi
    What proof do you have to bring to get price matching at Bass Pro?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Went into the new one in Jeffersonville for first time couple weeks ago. Have ordered online before but first time in an actual store. Pretty nice, I didn't think prices were to bad. I did meet an idiot behind the gun counter. They had one of the Glock 17 Gen 1 remakes in stock. I commented about it and his only reply was " I hate Glocks they feel like a board in my hand". I wanted to tell him I really don't give a S!@# what you think but quietly moved on. Other then that guy it was good visit I'll go back again.
    I agree. Store employees shouldn't talk down their products to prospective buyers, even in this case where he was right!:cool:

brdhntr37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    What proof do you have to bring to get price matching at Bass Pro?
    I just pulled up their price online and showed them. Last time was on a s&w m&p shield 2.0 that they ended up taking almost $100 off on. They said they had to sell it to me for $0.01 more than academy price because that was somehow at bass pro's cost. Wasn't a big deal to me. Here's a link to where they match... https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/pricematch

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I just pulled up their price online and showed them. Last time was on a s&w m&p shield 2.0 that they ended up taking almost $100 off on. They said they had to sell it to me for $0.01 more than academy price because that was somehow at bass pro's cost. Wasn't a big deal to me. Here's a link to where they match... https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/pricematch
    Thanks for posting this. I didn't know they would price match. I have a gift card for Bass Pro from Christmas that I haven't used yet because everything I am interested in is cheaper at the local Rural King and/or Academy Sports. I'll have to try the price matching.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The store is coming along. Apparently they had to do a major repair on the ceiling of this old Marsh building.
    The store does not allow you to carry unfortunately, but they will sell you guns and ammo.
    I'm trying to remember if I ever saw any kind of sign that I ignored when going into the Academy store in TH. Don't recall one, but then I don't make it a habit to pay that much attention.

I do like the sign at Top Guns in TH and have noticed it.

IMG_4705.jpeg

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I'm trying to remember if I ever saw any kind of sign that I ignored when going into the Academy store in TH. Don't recall one, but then I don't make it a habit to pay that much attention.

I have carried in the Jeffersonville store several times, but like you I haven't really looked to see if they have any signs.

Top Bottom