• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shadow shooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Anderson
    hello guys i am currently looking for a club to join and shoot at that is very active in IDPA or USPSA. i my search i have found that ACC is pretty active and close to my home. i have also found wildcat up near Brookston which will work as i am up there all week working at the windmill farm in Fowler. I see that ACC has a shoot this sat the 3rd and i would like to go and watch a match there to check everything out does anyone know if i can just go watch without being a member or a shooter in the match. any knowledge about the club would be very benificial as well. thanks guys!

Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    Shadow

I do not shoot IDPA but I do shoot USPSA at ACC. You do not need to be a member to go and watch, just bring eye and ear protection.
    The folks at ACC put on good quality matches. Go and enjoy. :)

hello guys i am currently looking for a club to join and shoot at that is very active in IDPA or USPSA. i my search i have found that ACC is pretty active and close to my home. i have also found wildcat up near Brookston which will work as i am up there all week working at the windmill farm in Fowler. I see that ACC has a shoot this sat the 3rd and i would like to go and watch a match there to check everything out does anyone know if i can just go watch without being a member or a shooter in the match. any knowledge about the club would be very benificial as well. thanks guys!

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    Shadow -- Shot my first IDPA match (okay, any type pistol match) yesterday (3rd) @ ACC. It was a BLAST!!! There were 27 shooters and 5 COFs, but was 'low keyed' and everyone was very helpful. I shot much better than I had expected (7th overall & 1st {of only 2} in ESP unclassified). They shoot IDPA on the first Saturday of each month, so come on out on February 7th and join the fun (don't come & watch, bring the gun & shoot. Hope to see you there,

Greg
    XDm-9mm

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I don't think you need to be a member to shoot IDPA there. You don't at our club.

Shadow, my uncle is doing all the steel for the windmill bases on that job in Fowler. What are you working on?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You don't need to be a member of the host club to participate in the IDPA matches. However, most IDPA clubs will require you to be an IDPA member after your first match (it's an IDPA rule). An exception is that some clubs allow members of the host clubs to shoot whether they are IDPA members or not.

And if anyone he witnessed how badly I did on Saturday at ACC, all I can say is that it sucked to be you having to watch that. I'm sure I could do much worse too, and I'll probably prove that soon.

shadow shooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Anderson
    thanks for all the info guys i didnt think you needed to b a member to shoot in the competition just thought i would get a better idea of how it all worked before jumping right into it as most of my shooting has been done at a friends in the middle of nowhere. i will def. get to ACC to check it out as well as Wildcat up near laffayette as i would like to join a nice club to b closer to the action.

Top Bottom