• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Wait a minute, wait a minute. First off yeah the guy said "clip" big ****ing deal guys. Real gun guys still say clip sometimes. We dont need to shame them. (Someone was gonna do it trust me).just wait. Someone wont read my comment and ad the thread goes they will say it. Just wait for it.

Second, did he just say his son in law had already shot his finger off with a .45? And he still went shooting with the guy? :facepalm:
    What did he expect.
    But hey I liked how he blamed his failure on someone else. Yeah if his SIL put the gun away loaded like that he sucked, but come on man, 4 rules.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Ouch, looks like there was still allot of birdshot left in the shoulder even after the reconstruction. But then again a 12 gauge at that close of range loaded with almost literally anything will give someone a very very bad day.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Well I was going to add my 2 cents, but why? How many times have we hashed this type of incident? No accident about it .....

Anyone that was or is a Range Officer has dealt with "what's the big deal, it's unloaded" duh ....

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The clip thing and in the pic he said lower left, I think the wad is in the lower right. There's just a couple things I find off with the story but if it did happen he's probably on damn good pain killers and mistypings happen

Mostly though, I heard on Ingo that bird loads are worthless for home defense cause they only go into birds a little bit and barely kill them so how could they harm a human

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Wow. I bet that hurt.

reminded me of my old roommate from college I took deer hunting. As soon as we got out of the truck I asked him to make sure his gun was unloaded. He pulled the trigger to check and I saw the slug fly out. Wtf! That was the end of the trip for me. I told him I was too rattled and we needed to go home.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

Mostly though, I heard on Ingo that bird loads are worthless for home defense cause they only go into birds a little bit and barely kill them so how could they harm a human
    The end of the barrel was what, maybe 6 inches from his shoulder? Hey if you want to use bird loads and wait until your attacker get within 6 inches of you be my guess.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I wonder how many knowledgeable people scold themselves for a brief moment of stupid concerning the Four Rules?

That gent either didn't know the rules or didn't practice them. The article doesn't state such, but leads one to believe he knew the rules and failed to follow them?

Interesting commentary on blaming the SIL and referencing LEO and military... :n00b:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The end of the barrel was what, maybe 6 inches from his shoulder? Hey if you want to use bird loads and wait until your attacker get within 6 inches of you be my guess.

Exactly. How far out is a bird on average when you touch off one. It is a heck of a lot farther the 6"s.
    I wonder how much damage the expanding gases added to all of this at that range.

Top Bottom