• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I accidently flashed my gun at my father-in-law tonight, I was carrying in a IWB but I'm pretty sure he saw it.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Did the Flashing go anything like this?

FlasherFail.gif

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Yeah, you aren't giving us much info. Do you expect problems? Maybe it was saying "I'm gonna put a cap in your arse" when you flashed it that got his attention :-)

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I not to concerned about it, all my in-laws know I have firearms and don't ever say anything about it, I know that my wife saw it cause she gave me a look and he was right next to her, he didin't say anything but I could tell by his expression that he saw it. My FIL and MIL are not anti-gun so I don't think this will have any affect on our relationship.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I not sure if they are pro-gun or not. My wife has a very close relationship with her family and I don't want to do anything to change that. Like I said I'm not real concerned about her parents knowing, I almost always carry a pocket pistol when we are around them. My real concern is him bringing it up around some of her other relatives that are very anti-gun, hopefully that won't happen.

drbarnes, my family knows and don't like it at all, I try to spend a little time as possible around them. My family is very anti-gun, anti-common sense.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I not sure if they are pro-gun or not. My wife has a very close relationship with her family and I don't want to do anything to change that. Like I said I'm not real concerned about her parents knowing, I almost always carry a pocket pistol when we are around them. My real concern is him bringing it up around some of her other relatives that are very anti-gun, hopefully that won't happen.

drbarnes, my family knows and don't like it at all, I try to spend a little time as possible around them. My family is very anti-gun, anti-common sense.

Honestly, the other family members finding out and blowing you :poop: about it could be the best thing to come from this flashdance.

Just be sure you are prepared to educate, bringing light with as little heat as possible :D

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    "Accidently outed myself"

:wrongdoor:I almost didn't open this thread!

If it did not bring a negative reaction in his own house, what makes you think he would bring it up elsewhere?

When my mother first realized I was carrying, (some 20 years ago), she was NOT happy about it. She constantly asked me about it.
    She may not have complained, but I knew her sentiments.

She went from that, to, when she would hug me and feel my pistol, she would re-arrange her grip on me, so as to avoid my sidearm, and say nothing.

These days, she sights current events that remind her of why I do carry, and tends to agree.

I work construction, for myself. Most of my customers know I carry in their homes while I work. My brother/partner carries as well. It's no secret. I wear NRA logo'd clothing most everyday (Patron-Life member, and PROUD of it), and both of my vehicles are just PLASTERED with gun bumper stickers.

I don't find this an issue much anymore. I have a Lifetime LTCH, I exercise my 2nd Amendment rights EVERYDAY.

I feel if someone has a problem with my carrying a firearm, that's their problem, not mine!

BTW- I do carry concealed as a rule.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom