• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Drove by Ace & Rico today to find their signs gone, their doors locked up, and their shelves bare. No message on the door with any explanation as to what happened.

Well, I looked on their website today to find that they are moving to US 52 between Greenbush and Union. Thought others would like to know so you don't head to their store and not find them. Apparently their new location is by appointment only for the time being.

EDIT: Woops, this wasn't supposed to go in the reviews section. Somebody move or delete this.

Last edited:

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Heard from a reliable source that it isn’t as simple as just a store move.

Sounds like Ace & Rico is moving but only 1 half of “Ace & Rico” is moving with the store.

If all goes well, it appears a new firearms only store will be opening in the old Ace & Rico location.

From what I heard, the two main guys from Ace & Rico are splitting up with one taking Ace & Rico elsewhere with the public safety equipment and the other staying in the old location (under a new name) to focus on selling firearms.

Not sure if the new Ace & Rico location will sell firearms.

I’ve been told the name of the new store, but I think I will withhold that until some kind of official release.

They (Ace & Rico) seem to be giving updates via their Facebook page, if you have access to Facebook.

Ace & Rico | Facebook

Glock19Dude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think Ace & Rico was kind of a clusterf*ck operation to begin with. The younger guy that worked there (in his 20's) and the other one that is the Glock Armorer were the only 2 that I cared to deal with. They were in the location off of Earl Ave for roughly a year and never had any kind of grand opening.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Here is what’s coming in the old Ace & Rico location.

16382718041560688341387.jpg

From what I’ve heard, not official in any way:

Fred and most of regular staff are staying in the same location and opening “Four Guns”. Tim (the asian dude) is taking the Ace & Rico name to the new location and focusing primarily on public safety supplies, even though I imagine he will still have firearms since he holds onto the A&R FFL.

Last I heard, Fred is just waiting on the FFL to clear for “Four Guns”. Once that happens he will be open for business again.

I know some people had some complaints about the original Ace & Rico, mostly relating to time to get firearms in, etc. You have to remember that both Fred and Tim have full time jobs on top of running their stores.

I see Fred most days I’m at work. If I learn more I’ll post it here.

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    The new "Ace & Rico" location is in the strip mall at 52 and Greenbush. I was there two days ago for Tim to do a 4473 for my new Saiga 12. They're still a week or two away from opening, because they're waiting on their display cases. Tim said, though, that he and Fred are still working together -- though from what's suggested here, maybe that just means working amicably as they split one shop into two.

In any event, Tim's a good guy and so is Fred. Even if they've parted ways into two shops, that just means I'll have to patronize both of them.

TommyHawk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    midwest
    Four Guns FFL

Four Guns got their FFL on Friday. They are looking to be open this Saturday (2/26). They will hopefully be getting a LOT of stock in this week with more to come!! :)

captkirk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    They forwarded their FFL on my behalf to a PA store yesterday, hoping to have my new toy Fri or Sat. Can't wait to see what stock they get in soon.

Top Bottom