• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Drudge is reporting the Congress has voted overwhelmingly to cut off some of the funding for Acorn. I guess we will wait and see. As I understand it they are a many headed snake.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I just finished sending emails to Lugar and Bayh urging both to suspend all Federal funds to the organization pending the result of a thorough investigation into the organization. Maybe if enough of us "average Americans" make enough noise about this they will actually listen. Then again, this organization is Obama's baby so the admin will probably defend ACORNS actions to the bitter end. :scratch:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Senate votes on Johanns amendment to cut off ACORN housing funds; Update: Amendment passes, 83-7
    By Michelle Malkin • September 14, 2009 05:22 PM

Just watched GOP Sen. Mike Johanns introduce his amendment on the Senate floor banning federal funds in the current transportation and housing appropriations bill from going to ACORN. Currently, ACORN is eligible to receive millions more in taxpayer funds through mortgage counseling, Community Development Block Grants, and the Neighborhood Stabilization Program — in addition to the tens of millions ACORN Housing Corp. has already received.

The vote is underway right now.

The Johanns Amendment is #2355 to H.R. 3288.

Johanns cited the BigGovernment.com sting videos as evidence that ACORN cannot be trusted with government money:
    “Until a full investigation is launched into ACORN, no taxpayer money should be used to fund its activities. A vote in favor of my amendment is a vote in favor of the taxpayer and a vote against the status quo.”​

He forgot to add the five most important words:
    ACORN is a criminal enterprise.
    Michelle Malkin Senate votes on Johanns amendment to cut off ACORN housing funds; Update: Amendment passes, 83-7

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Those monies need to be diverted to somewhere.

How about we start a group called WALNUT?

White Anglo Libertarian Nationally Unified Theocrats?

:)

j/k.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    NAYs ---7 Burris (D-IL)
    Casey (D-PA)
    Durbin (D-IL)
    Gillibrand (D-NY)
    Leahy (D-VT)
    Sanders (I-VT)
    Whitehouse (D-RI)
    Not Voting - 9 Burr (R-NC)
    Byrd (D-WV)
    Coburn (R-OK)
    Graham (R-SC)
    Gregg (R-NH)
    Hutchison (R-TX)
    McCain (R-AZ)
    Mikulski (D-MD)
    Vitter (R-LA)

Notice the nays from Durbin and Burris? Shocking.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I don't think our tax dollars should be funding any sort of program that cannot do in the free market on their own.
    Just imagine how low our tax burden would be without all of these special interest groups getting our hard worked income.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Senate Votes to Cut Off ACORN Housing Funding - Political News - FOXNews.com

FOXNews.com
    Monday, September 14, 2009

Senate Votes to Cut Off ACORN Housing Funding

The amendment, offered by Sen. Mike Johanns, passed in a vote of 83 to 7 and prohibits the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now from receiving funds from the current Transportation and Housing and Urban Development appropriations bill. It marks the third time this year Republicans tried to block the organization from federal funding.

The Senate voted to cut off ACORN Housing funds following the release of three videotapes that show employees of the activist group advising a "pimp" and "prostitute" on how to break the law.
    The amendment, offered by Nebraska Republican Sen. Mike Johanns, passed in a vote of 83 to 7 and prohibits the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now from receiving funds from the current Transportation and Housing and Urban Development appropriations bill. It marks the third time this year Republicans tried to block the organization from federal funding.
    The latest vote comes on the heels of the release of hidden-camera videos showing workers in three separate ACORN housing offices apparently helping a couple posing as a pimp and prostitute evade the IRS and apply for an illegal housing loan for a brothel.
    ACORN Housing Corporation received $1.6 million to provide housing services to low-income communities in this fiscal year, ending Sept. 30, according to USASpending.gov, a federal government Web site for tracking government grants.
    The Department of Housing and Urban Development Grants has given $8.2 million to ACORN in the years between 2003 and 2006, as well as $1.6 million to ACORN affiliates.
    It wasn't immediately clear whether the offices shown in the videos had received any of ACORN's federal grant money for housing services.

From a repeat thread. Thanks Scutter.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    i have a sinking feeling that this will be dealt with quickly, without mercy and then swept under the rug to prevent those in the lower ranks from implicating higher up officials and bring the house of lies crashing down.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    A large roadside sign for a Bownsburg business this evening on Rt. 267 read in great big letters,

"The Acorn doesn't fall far from the tree"

I will stop in tomorrow to show my support of the business. :yesway:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I just have the cynical feeling that BHO, the community organizer in chief will find other ways to siphon money to them Remember ACORN is a large umbrella over top of other groups. Are they going to cut off all the affiliated groups?

Top Bottom