• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Thank you to all that have responded to the post and the poll. I will leave the poll open until the end of next week for those that have yet to vote. Please pass the word. This poll will weigh heavily on our decisions for 2015.

Adaptive Consulting & Training is finalizing the schedule for 2015. We would like to know what classes you all would like to see this year. The low light class will be on the first saturday of december once again. We will be doing a full day of shotgun in the spring. I would like to do the DP101 class if there is enough demand.

Please let us know what you would like to see on our schedule for 2015

Last edited:

SEMI-AK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    First in for the shotgun class.
    I would love to do a low light shotgun only class with some pistol included.
    After showing slow mo videos of the last shotgun class to some buddies they were pumped. I think a home defense minded shotgun course would be well received. I can assure you I have three interested in that.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I floated the idea of a partners course to John after the low-light course yesterday. He liked the idea but it sounds like there are a couple things holding him back: 1. A probable lack of qualified, interested participants; 2. A developed curriculum. In order for him to put the time and effort in to rectifying number 2, he'd have to have some assurance that number 1 could be remedied. I am going to start another thread on this topic to gauge interest.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I floated the idea of a partners course to John after the low-light course yesterday. He liked the idea but it sounds like there are a couple things holding him back: 1. A probable lack of qualified, interested participants; 2. A developed curriculum. In order for him to put the time and effort in to rectifying number 2, he'd have to have some assurance that number 1 could be remedied. I am going to start another thread on this topic to gauge interest.

I have a daughter and we would be interested. Timing is big though in order to commit.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I missed both the low-light and the one-handed manipulations classes due to not being able to get off work. I'd certainly still like to attend both, and will make every effort to if offered.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy

Discussion thread started here:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...r-tactics-training-class-act.html#post5478602

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I would be interested in the full day shotgun class for sure!

I would also like to take the DP201 again, and a 2nd level rifle class if offered. Maybe even think about an AK class, I know thats a long shot but it no one asks...... ;)

I've always wanted to do the force on force class, and I always seem to miss it, so that is still on my radar at some point.

I would love to take some kind of a partner training class like Jackson has mentioned above. Only problem is I don't have a partner with the skill set required, so I would need to find one. :):

and lastly, to add my 2 cents, I think I've taken every regular ACT course offered, would love to see some more advanced or specific scenario type classes.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I would love to take some kind of a partner training class like Jackson has mentioned above. Only problem is I don't have a partner with the skill set required, so I would need to find one. :):

It is very likely that others will be in this situation. I'm confident the course could be structured so that two folks who don't know each other could pair up. If not, I'll run all of the drills with anyone who needs a partner. More training for me. :ar15:

and lastly, to add my 2 cents, I think I've taken every regular ACT course offered, would love to see some more advanced or specific scenario type classes.

Now you're talking about stuff that's harder to fill (probably like my partner training idea). However, if you have specific ideas, I bet we could get a small group together to work some drills with John.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I would be interested in the full day shotgun class for sure!

I would also like to take the DP201 again, and a 2nd level rifle class if offered. Maybe even think about an AK class, I know thats a long shot but it no one asks...... ;)

I've always wanted to do the force on force class, and I always seem to miss it, so that is still on my radar at some point.

I can think of only a couple of shooting buddies that would fit the bill of both have similar skill levels. As Jackson and I discussed, that's actually the point, most "shooter pairs" will have quite disparate skill sets and levels. I have thought on this one awhile, and it doesn't matter if you have a partner or not, have would be better, for a partner class, the student will take away enough to at least get started on working with your partner. It's more about communication and comfort level than any choreography we might develop. I intend to make the partner class happen.

As to the "specific scenario" classes, Jackson has the right of it. Numbers. Plus, there are some things that, beyond an intellectual curiosity, we should waste our time training. Keep in mind, we are available for private sessions which might be a better forum for more advanced or specific topics.

AK only class? Sorry, likely not. The only differences I recognize are simply the manual of arms for the AK. I like my AK's also, but just like any other platform, the syllables change, but the song remains the same. This is, I think, a good topic for a private session just prior to, or directly after one of our rifle classes.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Btw, thanks for the ideas so far, guys. I want to finalize our schedule by the first of the year and all these suggestions will help.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    First in for the shotgun class.
    I would love to do a low light shotgun only class with some pistol included.
    After showing slow mo videos of the last shotgun class to some buddies they were pumped. I think a home defense minded shotgun course would be well received. I can assure you I have three interested in that.

I think we can count on a shotgun day. I am less sure about a low light shotgun only class. Not that I don't like the idea, I really do since a lot of people, right or wrong, still run a shogo as their first line of home defense, the logistics of a more than one low light class is tough.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I would likely attend another shotgun class. Maybe two if there was a 2nd day or another class beyond the first. Wouldn't mind a more hands on medical class either.

Depending on timing, I'd be in for the partners class as well. I'd be in the same boat as Clay though.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I would likely attend another shotgun class. Maybe two if there was a 2nd day or another class beyond the first. Wouldn't mind a more hands on medical class either.

Depending on timing, I'd be in for the partners class as well. I'd be in the same boat as Clay though.

Looks like Clay just found a partner.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I don't know about everyone else's work and personal life, but I work most Saturdays and that is the single biggest reason I don't take more classes. Just wondering what the response would be with some classes on Sundays instead.

I'm interested in a variety of training, but it's usually the schedule and coincidence that determines whether or not I can go.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Count me in for DR and DP201, would also do a 2 person class, for both pistol and rifle. I've trained with you guys enough that you know how much I suck, so partner me up with a victim or I can bring my own. :ar15:

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    DP201.
    DR201 level class incorporating CQB type stuff but also reaching out there somewhat 100yds or so maybe. Lots of movement stuff, getting off the X, engagement while moving, transitions to pistol, multiple threat engagement (chaos drill ...) and driving the weapon, obstacles, drills and scenario's
    Combination deal of the two above classes.
    Single hand manipulation pistol class.
    I would be up for a pistol and/or rifle 200 level class in the morning and say a second movement, drill, scenario based type of class following that. Make a day of it :rockwoot:
    Saturday or Sunday or both!

Really looking forward to training with you again in 2015.
    Nigel

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    All suggestions to date noted. I'm really up for a medical class. We can do some hands on blocks, but I would like to see more through our intro course so more students are familiar with our methods. Started sketching out a full day of partners. So far it looks like s few hours of discussion, some airsoft rehearsals of the "dance" moves then go to the range for some live fire. The shotgun class WILL be a full day with the basic material in the morning (four hours) and application and drill in the afternoon (four hours).

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    AK only class? Sorry, likely not. The only differences I recognize are simply the manual of arms for the AK. I like my AK's also, but just like any other platform, the syllables change, but the song remains the same. This is, I think, a good topic for a private session just prior to, or directly after one of our rifle classes.

yeah I know, and the great thing is the way you guys run your class, you really don't need a specific AK class. ;)

Top Bottom