• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I always thought Texas was the open carry capital of the US! Why would someone call alarmed that the guy was walking with a weapon when half the damned state carries concealed and otherwise? I hope he wins and they end up paying a boatload to settle!!! Cops always believe they are the grand arbiters of what is lawful and what is not. Clearlt an over reaction on their part to a legal carry situation,

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I always thought Texas was the open carry capital of the US! Why would someone call alarmed that the guy was walking with a weapon when half the damned state carries concealed and otherwise? I hope he wins and they end up paying a boatload to settle!!! Cops always believe they are the grand arbiters of what is lawful and what is not. Clearlt an over reaction on their part to a legal carry situation,

It is illegal to OC in Texas. Go figure.

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    Not being all "yes sir" "no sir" "take anything you want from me sir" to the officer does not mean he broke any laws. The soldier only escalates his discontent as more and more of his rights are being violated by these officers. Probably a good thing he didn't know his own pistol was swept past his head until later when he was released. That act alone should get this officer benched, and supposedly the officer is a firearms instructor.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Perception is reality. Imagine the Anti gun people and others looking at this video and seeing he's in the army. You think they will have a good view of our military? It doesn't mater uniform or not you are on duty 24/7 and people can tell your military. You think any little incident will not blow up once people see hey this guy is military and acting a fool. I guess Marines just think much more highly on PR issues.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sometimes you poke the bear and get away with it, sometimes you don't. This bear didn't like to be poked. We can discuss ad nauseam whether the cop or the vet or both were out of bounds but something tells me it might have turned out differently if that camera wasn't running. Now that the incident is headed to court there's no telling how differently the incident might turn out if the camera hadn't been running. My big takeaway from this is know the law and if confronted by LEO know your rights and be firm and in command of your situation without rubbing their noses in it or any slack they might have cut you will soon be gone (if you run into a grumpy bear, that is).

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    I wonder if the ACLU will get involved ?
    They have shown some glimmer of light lately ???

Otherwise phk Texas and after that the Mexicans can have it ! And I hope they all get porked for this.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I hope the guys sues the snot out of the county/city AND the icing on the cake would be taking both the Sargeant and the Fatboy to Federal court and sue them both for violation of civil rights for an undetermined amount of cashola. Let the 2 idiots explain to their wives and kids as to why the Veteran owns their house, land and any other assets!

This is where people make the mistake, they only go after the city/county/state instead of also the individuals !

Last edited:

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I honestly think the guy's behavior is what sent the situation of the edge. Is it illegal to bear arms? No. Is it right to do so? Yes. Are you going to attract negative attention? Yes. Why was he surprised when he saw the cops? Why wouldn't he just walk over to the car and act civilized. Every time I have been in a situation that looks suspicious and have been approached by a cop, I have greeted the cop in a manner that doesn't force the cop into defense mode. I explained what was going on and the cop and I usually have a talk about it or even laugh.

I think the cop was somewhat justified in his concern. And when this guy starts acting like a fool, it only perpetuates that preconceived notion of a lunatic whether that notion is accurate or not.

P.S. He just set an example for his son to treat cops this way and that all cops are bad.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I hope the guys sues the snot out of the county/city AND the icing on the cake would be taking both the Sargeant and the Fatboy to Federal court and sue them both for violation of civil rights for an undetermined amount of cashola. Let the 2 idiots explain to their wives and kids as to why the Veteran owns their house, land and any other assets!

This is where people make the mistake, they only go after the city/county/state instead of also the individuals !

You can sue for anything, of course, but I don't see this case resulting in any dividends.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So our soldier has been reduced to begging for money to pay his legal fund. That is pathetic considering his childish behavior. Whether you agree on how the LEO's handled the interaction or not is beside the point. This clown acted like a little sissy school girl. As a direct result of how he acted he caught a criminal charge. And he should have IMO. He clearly resisted anything and everything the officer did and said making a simple inquiry into a criminal incident. His own video shown in any court proceeding will be his undoing.

Almost as bad a an alledged drunk driving murderous cop recieving money for his defense from the FOP huh?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    He was not OC'ing his pistol. His rifle was front slung (according to soldier). Open carry of the rifle I do not believe is illegal unless (it is being displayed in a threatening manner).

Perhaps I should have clarified, I meant a pistol. I was referring to the comment from the previous poster about Texas being the OC capital of the world. :yesway:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Almost as bad a an alledged drunk driving murderous cop recieving money for his defense from the FOP huh?

Well, it probably should be pointed at that Bissard (and I'm in no way a fan that guy) paid into the legal defense fund, and hence was covered. He didn't have to beg as he was already entitled to the service. So you point makes....

....oh wait, what exactly IS your point? :dunno:

Top Bottom