• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TECKS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    SPEEDWAY
    I've seached far and wide, maybe my googlefu is null. Has any one ever seen a IWB holster with active retention such as the serpa or safariland? Not a snap but an actual button like a thumb release or the kin. Thanks!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Mine is in VERY firmly retained inside my SuperTuck.

Want more retention? Use the next hole on your belt. :):

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Why not? If you fall in a fight or spend much time on your back under cars, there is a chance your gun may fall out or be bumped out of your holster. What's wrong with active retention if you train for it?
    Then you're doing it wrong, with improper equipment.

TECKS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    SPEEDWAY
    Nothing will ever be helpful if you only listen to what you want to hear.

A proper holster doesn't need any locks, buttons or levers.

That is your merely opinion sir. Multiple police departments and armed forces, as well as my opinion beg to differ. I did not ask for an opinion on what a "proper holster" needs. I asked if any one of the kind gentlemen on this fourm has seen such a holster.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    FWIW, I did find these. Personally, I think they're silly... but they do exist.

THE PROWLER Holsters, IWB Holster, Concealed Carry, DeSantisHolster.com

120_B2_xlarge_5521.jpg

https://www.safariland.com/products...el-575-iwb-gls-pro-fit-holster-model_575.html

575_Back.jpg

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Well, the military and law enforcement have different needs than we do. Also they are run by lawyers who know nothing about either guns or fighting with them.

But as someone who has spent a lot of time crawling under a car with an IWB, I have never had my pistol come out. I have run with it in, have done all sorts of things. Rentention is very good. Also, I'm not sure where a button would be placed. Usually they are at trigger level, which is below the belt line on an IWB. A thumb break would probably work, kind of. But it might not want to spin out of the way reliably.

But if that's what you want, there are all kinds of guys doing custom leather.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I'll echo what everyone else has said and say that you don't need it, if you're using a proper holster. I always manage to talk people out of wanting a level 2 iwb holster. The only times I make them are when someone's department policy requires it and then I use thumb breaks which is really the only feasible option.

UNLOCKEM

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    You may look at N82 (Nate squared) holsters. They don't have a button but you do have to give the gun a slight twist to remove it. I have one for my Shield 9 and I like it and it's incredibly comfortable.

Top Bottom