• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    As stated, it depends. It's very easy to plan from your comfy chair. It's quite another with your adrenaline up, so much sensory input that your brain is discarding most of it because you can't keep up (tunnel vision, auditory exclusion, etc.) What's simple and obvious now might not be then. Including who has a gun, where it's pointed, what others are saying...

I'd advise you to seek out realistic training, preferably with a multitude of role players. Exposure is about the best preparing you can do short of the real thing.

BluBlur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2015
    I'd advise you to seek out realistic training, preferably with a multitude of role players. Exposure is about the best preparing you can do short of the real thing.
    Thank you. I’ve watched a lot of the “First Person Defender” videos on YouTube that use the simunition rounds. I thought that was an excellent way to try and prepare for different scenarios. I’d love to do some training like this.

nobody_special

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    South Bend
    Thank you. I’ve watched a lot of the “First Person Defender” videos on YouTube that use the simunition rounds. I thought that was an excellent way to try and prepare for different scenarios. I’d love to do some training like this.

The problem with simunition is that it's only available for certain firearms.. Airsoft might be a better alternative if you're looking for the feel of your everyday carry.. Although it doesn't leave the marker.
    My opinion on the whole active shooter is

If you have an out take advantage of it
    If they're wearing body armor get out
    If you have no other option,
    then do what you have to do to survive just remember you're responsible for every projectile that exits that barrel

nobody_special

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    South Bend

The problem with simunition is that it's only available for certain firearms.. Airsoft might be a better alternative if you're looking for the feel of your everyday carry.. Although it doesn't leave the marker.
    My opinion on the whole active shooter is

If you have an out take advantage of it
    If they're wearing body armor get out
    If you have no other option,
    then do what you have to do to survive just remember you're responsible for every projectile that exits that barrel

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Aside from plan A of GTFO first (maybe you need to cover your family's exit?), you could probably ambush the mass murderer since you can hear the direction he's going/shooting. Keep your pistol in a 'low ready'/'suhl' position and it ought to clear to anybody brighter than a 10w bulb that you aren't the problem. Add a bit of communication and you'll be able to triangulate the POS

I think in an active shooter situation, the person who is the actual threat will be quite clear. He is the one going around shooting defenseless people. Here is something to think about in your scenario. What if in the course of "ambushing" the active shooter you encounter a whole bunch of police with a serious amount of adrenaline getting ready to engage the threat? Since I don't know where the police are in an active shooter situation, I would probably run for it. If the active shooter is between me and the exit, then I use lethal force to make my escape. If on my way out, I see the active shooter about to murder a helpless person, I would probably then shoot him/her.

Once I have fled the scene, if the shooter continues to murder people for a long time, I would then begin to regret not seeking him/her out. However, the negatives of hanging around the scene of an active shooter far outweigh the positives.

Top Bottom