• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoosterJC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Carmel, IN
    Picked up a G19 about a month ago...now seeing that they can be improved or made better with some add ons.
    What have you added on that you really like?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ammo, plenty of magazines, and a good hybrid IWB holster. Night sights if yours doesn't have them. That's about it.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    What have you noticed to be lacking or problematic while shooting it?

This^. There is a lot you CAN do, but not a lot of it is needed. Learn to shoot it and manipulate it well and you will be in a better position to know what YOU want or need.

As for me, my EDC G19 has a Trijicon RMR red dot sight, a Spaulding bullets forward slide release lever (helpful for a lefty), and a Glock 3.5 # connector. None of which are essential, but they work well for me.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Nothing! Some guys suggest adding night sights, maybe a light or whatever to make it even better!
    (Obvious answers were humorous...range time, ammo, G17 mag...ha ha)

Since your answers are around low light concerns, very valid concerns, I'd strongly recommend taking a low-light class to find out what you do and don't like, what works for you, etc. some require that you already have and bring your own gear. I'd be willing to bet that if you contacted rhino or obijohn here on INGO, you could arrange low light training that fits your needs and helps you find out what you might want to do for low light. I'm sure there other great training options, I just happen to be familiar with those guys and think they'd be a great resource and willing to work something out for you. Cedartop, who posted above, is excellent, but I'm not sure whether he offers any intro-level low-light classes, and you're closer to rhino and obijohn, geographically.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Nothing! Some guys suggest adding night sights, maybe a light or whatever to make it even better!
    (Obvious answers were humorous...range time, ammo, G17 mag...ha ha)

I wasn't joking... you'd be surprised how many people only have the magazines that came with the gun and never buy any more, or who don't have a decent supply of ammo to shoot frequently, etc. A good holster is also a must, and a good gun belt as well.

AlphaRHINO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Evansville
    There are numerous things you can do to a glock, it just depends on your preference. I added the mag release extensions as well as the slide release extension. I also added night sites and a grip sleeve that just helps me...some people do not do anything and that is fine too, it is just preference. Hell you could even get it painted in pink of you were into that! My best answer would be throw some lead down range and get a feel for the weapon, then go from there

Top Bottom