• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustEm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    IN
    And as the story goes, no matter how inpolite you might feel it is, no good can ever come from talking to the police.

DustEm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    IN
    I don't agree with that, I talk to our Chief and the asst Chief all the time. Our discussions are both good and bad. None of us hold any ill will.
    Maybe I should of elaborated. If they are questioning you, you are inserting yourself, or furthuing an investigation. Anything you say can be used for or against you. You as the questonee / detainee don't know how this information may be used. You are automatically at a disadvantage. This is why if you are being questioned you should always request a lawyer. As in the women s case in the video, the police didn't have enough evidence to raid her house over a false accusation, but admitting to being there gave them enough information to kick her door in. If she would of avoided talking to the police they most likely wouldn't have had enough evidence for a warrant. Generally I have no ill will against police, but I've seen first hand how police will be nice and ask 30 ways to sunday if you have any drugs, and reassure you its no big deal. I garentee if there were some their tune would of changed from being your best friend to throwing the cuffs on and thowing you in the paddy wagon.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Maybe I should have elaborated. If they are questioning you, you are inserting yourself, or furthuing an investigation. Anything you say can be used for or against you. You as the questonee / detainee don't know how this information may be used. You are automatically at a disadvantage. This is why if you are being questioned you should always request a lawyer. As in the women s case in the video, the police didn't have enough evidence to raid her house over a false accusation, but admitting to being there gave them enough information to kick her door in. If she would have avoided talking to the police they most likely wouldn't have had enough evidence for a warrant. Generally I have no ill will against police, but I've seen first hand how police will be nice and ask 30 ways to sunday if you have any drugs, and reassure you it’s no big deal. I garentee if there were some their tune would have changed from being your best friend to throwing the cuffs on and thowing you in the paddy wagon.
    While nobody should be a chatter box There are certain facts you will have to elaborate on. Simply lawyering up will not be a good defense.
    Which how many have an Attorney on retainer (I’m not referring to any of the defensive plans)

If there were factors that made your actions justified (line the other guy pointed a gun at you) aimomy lawyering up and not yelling responding officers can be detrimental to your defense. If they don’t have the reasonable suspicion to get probable cause to loot for evidence to HELP you.

If you are in a situation where a firearm is involve or reportedly displayed someone is probably getting out in cuffs for at least a couple minutes wether you say anything or not!

I didn’t watch the video I don’t have too. Bottom line don’t take any bait by an Arse hole. Ignoring them and letting them have the road along with a forward and rear camera (in case they hit you) is probably your best witness!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I didn’t watch the video I don’t have too...

An interesting part of the video is the other driver somehow identifying you as armed, then making a ficticious report that you brandished your firearm. (In some cases, even saying they were shot at.)

Leading to the police follow up, where your words might just set you up for further legal issues.

:)

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    An interesting part of the video is the other driver somehow identifying you as armed, then making a report that you brandished your firearm. Leading to the police follow up, where your words might just set you up for further legal issues.

A front and rear dashcam cure lots of things.
    Officer, I have audio and video of the entire altercation.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A front and rear dashcam cure lots of things.
    Officer, I have audio and video of the entire altercation.

Are your cameras recording all of your physical motions?

The issue is that YOU are accused of threatening with your gun.

I was in a road rage incident a year back. Guy tried to kill me on the motorcycle. As much as I hate to say it, cameras forward and rear honestly weren't that diffinitive. Still would have been he said, she said.

If the guy would have put me in the ditch and discovered I was carrying somehow, he could have accused me of anything he wanted to make up.

:twocents:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Are your cameras recording all of your physical motions?

The issue is that YOU are accused of threatening with your gun.

I was in a road rage incident a year back. Guy tried to kill me on the motorcycle. As much as I hate to say it, cameras forward and rear honestly weren't that diffinitive. Still would have been he said, she said.

If the guy would have put me in the ditch and discovered I was carrying somehow, he could have accused me of anything he wanted to make up.

:twocents:
    Of course they dont have my emotions, but it would have more than just my word.
    I too had a problem years back on I69 up north. If it wasent for a truck drivers statement my responce might have put me in prison.
    In my case, audio and video would have been conveniant.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Of course they dont have my emotions, but it would have more than just my word.
    I too had a problem years back on I69 up north. If it wasent for a truck drivers statement my responce might have put me in prison.
    In my case, audio and video would have been conveniant.

I'll continue to run cameras, it only makes sense. Just saying they weren't definitive enough for me to take to law enforcement to show the guy was trying to run me off the road. Especially due to the fact that I evaded crashing and escaped.

But back to the premise of the video, my cameras were not recording me, they were pointing front and back. They wouldn't show whether I drew my gun or not, if I was accused of such.

What's the likelihood a road rager might lie, if it might get them out of their end of the legal issue? Pretty easy to say, "he pointed a gun at me." Then it's up to officer friendly to sort it all out.

As stated by the lawyers, this could be happening after the fact, without even your knowledge that the other driver called law enforcement on you. How you confirm your side of the story with law enforcement might just make a huge difference. Unlike he said/she said, "gunplay" could bring a whole other perspective into how you might be investigated.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'll continue to run cameras, it only makes sense. Just saying they weren't definitive enough for me to take to law enforcement to show the guy was trying to run me off the road. Especially due to the fact that I evaded crashing and escaped.

But back to the premise of the video, my cameras were not on me. They wouldn't show whether I drew my gun or not, if I was accused of such.

What's the likelihood a road rager might lie, if it might get them out of their end of the legal issue? Pretty easy to say, "he pointed a gun at me." Then it's up to officer friendly to sort it all out.

As stated by the lawyers, this could be happening after the fact and how you confirm your side of the story might just make a huge difference.

I get it, mine involved two pistols.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Speaking of front / rear recording cameras, anybody have any suggestions on what some of the best ones might be?
    I've had this one in two trucks so far. Easy to hardwire and good picture quality.
    bef978f4cac8b5165e1ac4eded39d129.jpg

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Speaking of front / rear recording cameras, anybody have any suggestions on what some of the best ones might be?
    I have Rexing dash cams in all my vehicles and really like them. I have the V1P 4k model with front and rear facing cameras. You can optionally hardwire it. I like the WiFi connection because even though it is slow, I can download the video to my phone right on the side of the road.

Had a 5 car pile-up right in front of me in the construction zone in Tipton a little over a year ago. I was able to download the video right there and provide it to the affected parties before they all left the scene.

Top Bottom