• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I don't think it's fake, but I think there are a lot of kids with ADHD Dx's due to lazy **** poor teachers.

They wanted me on Ritalin as a kid, fact was I was just bored and got into trouble due to the way I learn.

I've seen a kid misdiagnosed as well. He's basically on amphetamine salts, and acts like a junkie on comedowns, or bi-polar. And I can do nothing to help.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I agree with Double T. I think it exists but is way over diagnosed. Kids by their very nature are hyper.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I think its ficticious as well, this coming from a person that was diagnosed w/ ADHD and was probably in the category of those that you all would think SHOULD be diagnosed. Its a discipline problem.... Not behavioral discipline, but kind of personal discipline that you need in order to force yourself to focus on a task that you don't consider fun. ADHD is merely not being taught to force yourself into unfun tasks.

A ps. anyone that prescribes a kit ritilan can go to hell.

bhowell34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Greenwood
    I tend to agree that it's made up. I think a lot of mental diseases are made up. People spend too much time indoors sitting around thinking about how bad their lives are. This wasn't as prevelant in the olden days where everyone was outside working all day.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I agree wholeheartedly. It was a diagnosis that didn't exist when I was a kid. As an adult, I've come to realize that ... oooh, look -- a squirrel! I like squirrels, don't you?

Speaking of shower stalls, mine has a chip in it right by the drain. I think it can be fixed. I got fixed, you know. Three kids were enough.

Man, I have a lot to do today! What were we talking about again?

It doesn't matter. You think it's hot in here? I don't either ...

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I believe the behaviors diagnosed as this "disease" are products of overexposure to television programming when a child is an infant. Couple this with the inability of many parents to discipline firmly with love....BINGO...out of control kids! Diet also plays a part in this.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i agree that there are far too many young people in this country that take high doses of amphetamines on a daily basis.....i know that they say body size in relation to dosage doesnt matter....but 14 yr old girls taking 30mg's a day seems ludicrous....yet it happens all the time.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    In society's headlong rush to absolve people of any personal responsibility for their actions, almost every antisocial behavior has now been classified as a "disease".

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I remember the testing for ADD when I was a kid.
    I was placed in the library, which overlooked the playground where all my friends were, and shown the first "laptop" that I'd ever seen (remember this was 1993). My task was to watch the screen and letters would pop up, if the letter was an X I was supposed to hit the space bar. As I recall the test lasted the entire recess period (45 minutes). Now imagine a 3rd grader forced to watch his friends play while he taps on a space bar for 45 minutes.

What's funny is my fiancé is a school psych and she is constantly waiting time evaluating students that don't qualify for anything. She goes to case conferences and has to argue with teachers because the kid is either a disciplinary problem or the teacher hasn't made any interventions. And then she argues with patents because they get extra money from the .gov if their kid qualifies.

As far as ADD being BS, I can tell you that there is something to an executive functioning disorder. But that's not something that you can really treat with meds and in the wrong hands "head" meds do way more harm than good.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I believe autism is becoming the new adhd. While some do have it legitimately.Everyone else believes drugs are the easy fix for their lack of parenting,even though it makes it easier to break them down and brainwash them with whatever the media desires.

indyjack

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    I don't think it's fake, but I think there are a lot of kids with ADHD Dx's due to lazy **** poor teachers.

They wanted me on Ritalin as a kid, fact was I was just bored and got into trouble due to the way I learn.

I've seen a kid misdiagnosed as well. He's basically on amphetamine salts, and acts like a junkie on comedowns, or bi-polar. And I can do nothing to help.

So the man who invented ADHD says it's made up, but you disagree? just goes to show how well indoctrination works...

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    So the man who invented ADHD says it's made up, but you disagree? just goes to show how well indoctrination works...

Nobody 'invented' the disorder. That doesn't even make sense.

He observed a set of symptoms and gave it a label.

snopes.com: Dr. Leon Eisenberg - ADHD Is a 'Fictitious Disease'?

German translators seem to think that his argument was not that the diagnosis is fictitious, but that it is over-diagnosed and abused.

That makes a whole lot more sense than a deathbed 'confession' that he just fabricated the entire thing.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It really doesn't matter what the Brits do in reaction to the attacks in England.
    They'll just sweep it under the rug until the next time and then repeat that process.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It's like most other things, who's to say what's normal? All sorts of drugs to make people normal yet the lines between normal and 'needs to be medicated' are becoming more blurred.
    Millions of students just finish out their semesters with better grades thanks to adderall (overwhelming majority not being subscribed it). Who's to decide which kids get a drug induced helping hand and who doesn't?

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Nobody 'invented' the disorder. That doesn't even make sense.

He observed a set of symptoms and gave it a label.

snopes.com: Dr. Leon Eisenberg - ADHD Is a 'Fictitious Disease'?

German translators seem to think that his argument was not that the diagnosis is fictitious, but that it is over-diagnosed and abused.

That makes a whole lot more sense than a deathbed 'confession' that he just fabricated the entire thing.

Most logical post in this thread.

One guy doesn't make up or discover a disease or condition and it just becomes a new part of reality. Science doesn't work that way.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It seems to me that we have an evil synthesis of absolute intolerance for individual personality, behavior, and thought combined with the profit motive under circumstances in which the pharmaceutical industry (and likely others) has influenced the development of a mindset in which no one is perceived to be well enough not to need medicated, or at least doesn't miss this mark by far.

Simple fact of life: Children require being raised properly, not drugged into a compliant stupor.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    I believe autism is becoming the new adhd. While some do have it legitimately.Everyone else believes drugs are the easy fix for their lack of parenting,even though it makes it easier to break them down and brainwash them with whatever the media desires.

didnt take you long to realize a good avatar when you saw it :laugh:

Top Bottom