• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Heres another idea wouldnt it be a good idea to let the general public into the exhibit hall so that they could see what groups are around that are progun?

I understand the reasoning behind that but this is the NRA's National Convention. Not a public convention like the recent deer, turkey and waterfowl expo. Same broad idea but totally different audience. Plus if the general public was allowed in that would drastically increase security concerns, especially for such a Pro 2A group

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I understand the reasoning behind that but this is the NRA's National Convention. Not a public convention like the recent deer, turkey and waterfowl expo. Same broad idea but totally different audience. Plus if the general public was allowed in that would drastically increase security concerns, especially for such a Pro 2A group

Actually after looking at the exhibitor listings I can see its really not meant for the general public as a pro 2A event and more of a public shot show/gun show where there are more products than pro 2A activities.

But the downside of looking at the exhibitors is now I really want to attend. I wonder if a non member could volunteer for admission?

I really want to see what is out there in iron sights for low vision as I really cant use a standard 3 post arrangement anymore after my last eye surgery(went from 20/60 to 20/175) plus with all the optic companies there I could possibly place my order for a new monocular. Ive been thinking zeiss or leica this time around as the state is giving me a choice in supplier and my last william(prisms became loose and dust finally got inside) and eschenbach(retaining spring and dust) are needing replacement.

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    I might have to try that as well. :delivery:

Im not a member yet(college student) and wish I knew about this sooner so I could have planned to join so I could attend.

Heres another idea wouldnt it be a good idea to let the general public into the exhibit hall so that they could see what groups are around that are progun?

I'm pretty sure you can join at the door....probably $35 as others have stated.

Secondly, given that our friendly neighbourhood activist from Zion$ville is bringing her sewing circle downtown to stir up trouble, I most certainly DO NOT want non members allowed inside. That said....I'm secretly hoping the MUMs want to pony up for membership just to get in and make a$$es of themselves while we give them our most polite and hospitable smiles and say "Thank you for joining!". :patriot:

(my apologies to sewing circles worldwide)

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Please join up and join us.

Many hands make the work go faster, and pulling the wagon gets easier!

To add a little to this, If god forbid we lose, or get our 2A rights infringed on further, I would hate to be the guy who looks back and says "I didn't do my part". A lot of people think that 1 vote, or 1 membership wont make a difference, but some of the presidential elections in the past 15 years should have silenced that argument.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    To add a little to this, If god forbid we lose, or get our 2A rights infringed on further, I would hate to be the guy who looks back and says "I didn't do my part". A lot of people think that 1 vote, or 1 membership wont make a difference, but some of the presidential elections in the past 15 years should have silenced that argument.

This is so true. Especially when you add up those who say "What's just one vote?", the total numbers can be staggering.

What's just one vote? Well when there are 99 more who share the same thought..... it's 100 votes.

There is no reason not to join. And for only $25 for a full year.... It is the best deal around.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XP028342

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    This is so true. Especially when you add up those who say "What's just one vote?", the total numbers can be staggering.

What's just one vote? Well when there are 99 more who share the same thought..... it's 100 votes.

There is no reason not to join. And for only $25 for a full year.... It is the best deal around.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XP028342

Do you know if it's to late to sign up and get your membership info so I don't have to do it at the door?

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    It can be done for $25.00 for those interested. (Link below)

They will sign you up at the door for $35. Or you can sign up at this link for $25. https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XP028342

You should receive your card in time for the show as long as you sign up by the weekend.

ETA: Also members can 'pre-register' at NRAAM.Org 2014 NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits and they will mail your credemtials.
    Thanks for the link +1 to you on that

jburns89

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    What if I have signed up via online to be an NRA member and do not have a membership card yet?? will they accept an email confirmation as proof of membership??

mdale

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    I have a non-member friend that is wanting to go with me, does anyone know for sure if you can sign up for membership at the door?

gatorindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    You should be good to go. The NRA will have their computers there and should be able to look up your membership info. Also you can certainly join/upgrade your membership right there on the spot!

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I just gave them my name and zip code and they looked me up, I'm sure they would accept an email confirmation and yes you can sign up at the door, $500 for a life membership, half price!

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    If you are on the fence about going - get off the fence and come to the Convention Center for this event. I worked as a volunteer today and got to see a lot of the great exhibits, this is an event not to be missed.

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I walked up today and signed up for a year membership for $25 with my baby boy. Great show well worth it, a ton of firearms to hold and handle. I even got to meet Angus from CZ!

Top Bottom