• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apriliaguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Pendleton
    I just joined a few days ago. Met some INGO guys at the 1500. But ever since i came here after about ten minutes i get redirected to an adult site. I'm on my i phone. I am in several other forums and this has not occured till this forum. And no i am not doing this myself anybody else have this happen to. No disrespect to the members here

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I just joined a few days ago. Met some INGO guys at the 1500. But ever since i came here after about ten minutes i get redirected to an adult site. I'm on my i phone. I am in several other forums and this has not occured till this forum. And no i am not doing this myself anybody else have this happen to. No disrespect to the members here

Report the link to the Mods. That's def a big No-NO here.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Can't say as I've ever had that happen whether I access via a computer or my iPhone. Yes, please report it to a mod. I'd prefer to NOT have that happen to me.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I've moved the thread to our support sub forum, and re-titled it 'adult sight redirects'.
    I cannot guarantee your problem is not an isolated incident, but we will look into it.

In the future if users can detail more specifics such as what ads may have been displaying, what browser you are using, time it occurred, etc, it will help our IT guru's narrow it down and pinpoint any problems.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I've moved the thread to our support sub forum, and re-titled it 'adult sight redirects'.
    I cannot guarantee your problem is not an isolated incident, but we will look into it.

In the future if users can detail more specifics such as what ads may have been displaying, what browser you are using, time it occurred, etc, it will help our IT guru's narrow it down and pinpoint any problems.

Don't forget screen-caps from the redirected site. :popcorn: :naughty:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As a systems admin (on other sites and servers) I have one request... Just because it hasnt happened to you, Please dont discount it and say its not possible.

I've seen it several times as well here firsthand. Not always adult redirects, but I HAVE seen it repeatedly open a new window/tab immediately after I open a thread on both mobile and PC platform. (probably less than 5x since the new server came online and Im here several hours a day every day... so its quite rare)

If Im sitting here with one tab (INGO) open and suddenly a new window opens out of the blue immediately after a new page view opens on INGO, how else would you suggest it appeared? Magic? NSA? :tinfoil:

Apriliaguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Pendleton
    Ha I was wondering where this went. Sorry i posted on wrong area. Usually it directs me after looking at way older posts. I don't want to bring up the same topic alot. Or a tired old question. I like looking back. The last thread that came up was about a cop stealing a wallet. If that helps. Somebody added a link to that closed thread hth

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    I can not access the site via my iPhone 5 , it gets redirected to the app store during wifi mode , is there any maintenance going on with the site ? it worked yesterday and does not today , have been on the phone with apple support , and my router support , re-booted everything , renew lease with wifi , nothing
    anyone have a clue ?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I can not access the site via my iPhone 5 , it gets redirected to the app store during wifi mode , is there any maintenance going on with the site ? it worked yesterday and does not today , have been on the phone with apple support , and my router support , re-booted everything , renew lease with wifi , nothing
    anyone have a clue ?

Try this. Go into your router and override your DNS server settings. Use OpenDNS which is free and blocks alot of really bad sites that they know are hostile. If you are willing to sign up for an account, you can also do some DNS based content filtering as well.

the IP addresses you need to put into your router's DNS settings are:
    primary 208.67.222.222
    Secondary 208.67.220.220

Internet Security or DNS Service for your Business or Home - OpenDNS

I've been known to hit some adult oriented sites, and I dont have that issue. So in this case, I dont think its a case of "you are getting the ads because of the websites you frequent." If that were the case I have to assume Id be seeing it too. (and this time Im not)

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Restored my phones settings , forgot my network wifi , re-boot on the iphone . Just logged back in from my phone and I did not get re-directed to the App Store . Not sure why it's working but I am glad that it is .

Top Bottom