• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bhunt31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Brazil
    Going Saturday for the local PD physical agility test. Been training for it for months, not really sure what to expect the day of. Any words of wisdom?

bhunt31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Brazil
    Easier said than done, lol. Life long dream that I never thought would happen all the sudden came rushing me in the last 2 months.

bhunt31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Brazil
    That I will do. I told the wife, after waiting 15 years to do this, something is gonna have to break or tear to get me to stop.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Best of luck to ya! Give it your all plus some, make yourself stand out above the crowd, in a good way. Be clean cut and look the part and as said above be polite and courteous.

whiteoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    In The Whiteoaks
    You will be watched, to see how you conduct yourself with others. Especially if this is the first time you are being seen by the officers in the selection process. Don't try to impress them, just be polite, confident, and in a good mood. They are not looking for the best scores in the physical necessarily, just competency and good general physical conditioning. Neither are they looking for someone who already knows it all, but for someone who is trainable, and they would enjoy working with.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Make sure you tell all the officers stories about how you and your friends have been wronged by the police in the past and you want the job so you can change the system from the inside.

Now serious advice: Look for a decent job instead.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Don't forget to breathe. Seriously, pay attention to your breathing.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    When I completed mine I had walking pneumonia. I was already seeing stars when I got to the car push. My brother (completed it at the same time) had to drive me home.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Make sure you tell all the officers stories about how you and your friends have been wronged by the police in the past and you want the job so you can change the system from the inside.

Now serious advice: Look for a decent job instead.

I think this is a bit much.

Nice response.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I'll be taking a LEO PAT soon too, hopefully. Been weight training and distance running for a while now. Do you know what they will be testing? The PAT I will be completing includes push-ups, sit-ups, vertical jump, 300 meter run, and 1.5 mile run.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think it's about right on, although it has gotten me a couple pretty nasty private messages already that I found hilarious. However, if he is determined to work in law enforcement and has already been training for the agility test, then I suspect he will do just fine.

Just save the negative LEO responses for the proper venue please.
    Spot on or not this is not the place.

bhunt31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Brazil
    It's not that strenuous, if you even bothered to train you should be fine, good luck.

I'm having problems with my sit ups. I can't seem to get inside 1 minute. Everything else is good with the ilea exit standards. I can get to 26 in 1 minute but just can't seem to get those last 2 no matter how hard I try and that's what has me worried.

bhunt31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Brazil
    I'll be taking a LEO PAT soon too, hopefully. Been weight training and distance running for a while now. Do you know what they will be testing? The PAT I will be completing includes push-ups, sit-ups, vertical jump, 300 meter run, and 1.5 mile run.

Same as you. Ilea exit standards

bhunt31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Brazil
    Not so much about changing the system from the inside out, we have a great group of guys here. It's more of a personal thing for me. I don't want to change it, just want the venue to be a part of something I believe in. As for the good job part, I've been driving a truck for the last 17 years. I haven't had a good job in a long time.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Going Saturday for the local PD physical agility test. Been training for it for months, not really sure what to expect the day of. Any words of wisdom?

Our neighborhoods need to add more officers with your can do attitudes. Carry on. Good luck to you both.

Last edited:

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    My advice is to drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. I screwed up on one of my tests and didn't drink enough water prior and ended up cramping.

Top Bottom