• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    That is about what those are going for. If it is in decent shape I'd pick it up at that price. Actually, I'm looking for that exact gun right now. Let me know if you pass on it ;)

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I think it would be a good pick-up. You might check Bud's and Top Gun Supply (as well as our supporters here) to see if any CPO Sig P228's or P225's are available at an extra $50 or so, though.

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    great gun

Don't know that I see them go any cheaper if it's in good shape, but the Taurus pt92 is a great gun... it will run and run... I've had a few and regret selling one of them (hope your still enjoying it Indykid!)

Todd

banjogore

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Indy
    is this a private owner or a gun shop? how bad does the guy want to sell? I would try dropping $300.00 on the table and see what happens... that's just the way I roll though... I've had them turn me down and then call me back over before I reached the door and accept

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    I've had both the pt92 and the Beretta 92. They are similar but I prefer the Tuarus because the safety is like a 1911, same location and down is fire. The beretta has the safety slide mounted and up is fire. I have had an awful time reprograming my brain to work the Beretta. The mags are just slightly different. I had a large supply of Beretta mags so I cut down the taurus mag catch down and got the Beretta mags to work great in the Taurus. I gave $300 for mine when I bought it and it performed very well.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Hello, I was just looking for a little advice on picking up a 9mm. I was offered a Taurus PT 92 AF with 2 17 round clips for $350.

It is slightly used, anyone shot one of these that would recommend it at this price?
    http://www.armslist.com/posts/61527

Welcome to the group!

:welcome:

That is not a bad price. Although not a true Beretta, the Taurus version is liked by many because of it's frame mounted safety.

Oh, and don't try to use "clips" with a Taurus or Beretta Model 92 for that matter. They only work with magazines. ;)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a PT99 that I purchased nearly 20 years ago. Its an excellent gun, and I've never had an issue with it. I had it Black T'd shortly after I purchased it. I don't carry it as I prefer to carry my Glocks, so it mostly hangs out in the safe, except when I take it to the range. I'm not sure of the current prices for these, but for one in good shape, seems very reasonable to me.

Gillclaypot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Muncie,IN
    Just for kickers the taurus 92 was sold at the ludco auction last month.They were new in boxes.There were 3 and one had the tac rail.The prices were 250 and 275 each ! This happens every fall and there are always deals.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I don't know what model that is exactly, but I love my PT92. I'm no Taurus fanboy either, I wasn't real thrilled with my revolver from them. I find the 92 to be a very easy gun to shoot.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I have a stainless PT92 AR which is my main carry now. The taurus 92/99 series are great guns. I would upgrade to a beretta lockingblock if you are going to shoot it alot or have an extra locking block on hand. $350 is a decentt price. That is about what a slightly used 92/99 is going fro around here locally. You would be getting a good gun.

Top Bottom