• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jroe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Greenfield
    As the title suggests, I am considering installing a ghost trigger bar or something else along that line to make my G30s and G26 better shooters. I do ok with them as they are, but can't help wanting to get tighter groups. What works best for you and keep in mind these are carried.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    If these are carry guns then the advice is practice. If these are range toys a set of Wolff springs is the best bang for your buck along with an OEM - connector

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've got the 3.5lb Glock Connector in mine but the best mod I made was putting a trigger stop in my G19. It took all the "hop" out of it when the trigger released.

Jroe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Greenfield
    I am really trying to like the glock platform. I have only had these for about a year, and I have shot many different pistols. I like the reset and the availability of sights and parts, not to mention the mags. I just don't care for the feel of the trigger pull. I don't feel that a 3.5 to 4 lb trigger is too light for carry considering I have other pistols with factory triggers that light, and as far as practice goes, I have a range in the back yard that gets used frequently. I just want to be as good with the glock as I am with some of my others.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I don't feel that a 3.5 to 4 lb trigger is too light for carry considering I have other pistols with factory triggers that light, and as far as practice goes, I have a range in the back yard that gets used frequently. I just want to be as good with the glock as I am with some of my others.

No one is saying a lighter trigger pull is bad for carry, but by your own admission, " I have other pistols with factory triggers". Key words FACTORY TRIGGERS. I see where this thread is headed already, so with that said, I stand by my original post as my advice. But what do I know.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Glock has an adequate trigger but I'm no Glock guru.
    I like my 1911s with sub 4lb carry triggers.
    I'll NEVER like a Glock trigger but it's adequate. A glock trigger will seldom ever reach excellent.

Jroe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Greenfield
    Well, I suppose I got what I asked for, advice. Thanks to all of you for contributing by the way. I guess I should either make peace with the draw backs of the glock trigger or go back to carrying something not so common as the glock.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Well, I suppose I got what I asked for, advice. Thanks to all of you for contributing by the way. I guess I should either make peace with the draw backs of the glock trigger or go back to carrying something not so common as the glock.

Carry whatever you shoot the best. Period.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I met up with a guy around 6 months ago and shot his Glock and it had the nicest trigger I've ever had the pleasure of shooting, on a Glock. I know I asked him what it was several times and may have it buried in PM's. I'll dig around and see if I can find it and if so, I'll post it for you. I recall that it was pretty expensive, but I think it was worth it. One of the few times I've shot a Glock that I was impressed with the trigger. Okay, I looked and couldn't find it. The guy is on INGO and his username is redwingshooter. You may want to PM him and ask what the trigger kit was he used.

Alternatively, Charlie Thomas, who works at Parabellum in Avon, does fantastic trigger jobs on Glocks and other guns. His INGO username is NHT3. Those are the best options I can give you, but either way you would be happy with the new trigger on your Glock ;)

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Depending upon what you want out of your Glock you can do layers of Ghost Inc trigger parts. I've added their Ultimate trigger bar and their competition spring package and for about $30 it rivals all the Zev drop in triggers at a 1/10 the price. The trigger bar will make the pull smoother and it will break better instead of loading up right before the trigger breaks. To lighten it you have to add their 4# striker spring. Only issue with that is you can experience light primer strikes so good quality ammunition is a must. I've never had an issue with factory ammo using the 4# striker spring and Ultimate trigger bar but my hand loaded competition rounds do require final primer seating with a hand tool after it comes off my press.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I met up with a guy around 6 months ago and shot his Glock and it had the nicest trigger I've ever had the pleasure of shooting, on a Glock. I know I asked him what it was several times and may have it buried in PM's. I'll dig around and see if I can find it and if so, I'll post it for you. I recall that it was pretty expensive, but I think it was worth it. One of the few times I've shot a Glock that I was impressed with the trigger. Okay, I looked and couldn't find it. The guy is on INGO and his username is redwingshooter. You may want to PM him and ask what the trigger kit was he used.

Alternatively, Charlie Thomas, who works at Parabellum in Avon, does fantastic trigger jobs on Glocks and other guns. His INGO username is NHT3. Those are the best options I can give you, but either way you would be happy with the new trigger on your Glock ;)
    I've "fingered" Charlie's (NHT3) triggers and they're excellent and affordable. Also, Charlie is a great guy and very knowledgeable.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I see you are in Fairland and I'm in Greenwood. I'm teaching at Parabellum every Monday but shoot a couple of times a week at Point Blank. If you would like to meet at Point Blank and get a "hands on" feel for what I'm doing PM me and maybe we can figure a time we can meet there.
    Just my opinion but stay away from any spring changes if it's a carry pistol. Reliability is always compromised when you start changing springs.

PS.. I appreciate all the glowing reviews of my work.. I do every trigger like it was my own pistol. :)

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Certified Glock & M&P armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Jroe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Greenfield
    I appreciate all the great feedback from everyone, and I would definitely like to catch up with you some time Charlie. I will have to get in touch with you through pm soon.

Squatz24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Muncie
    I love my Agency Arms flat faced trigger. I have a Zev comp spring pack. I kept the stock trigger reset spring in it. I don't think having aftermarket springs (as long as your gun remains reliable) will effect legal proceedings if you ever have to use it. If its a good shoot, its a good shoot. I know of Officers using modified Glocks in shootings and were cleared.

Top Bottom