• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kaigar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Ft. Wayne
    I'm picking up a Glock 23 tomorrow, and I've been looking around for a decent IWB holster for it. Obviously, there are dozens and dozens of possibilities, but I was just curious if anyone here had any specific recommendations for something comfortable that will work well?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I know chez is big on MTAC and I'd like to try one. I really like my Crossbreed but I have noticed that on both the gun belt and the holster itself, the screws work themselves loose pretty easily. This is a bigger issue on the holster than the belt because the clips become free spinning. This is mostly just an annoyance since I have to remember to tighten them every few weeks, but it's worth considering.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    DeSantis Inside Heat Waistband Holster Glock 192333 Leather Black

I use this for my Glock 19 when I go IWB. It's a single clip, easy on and off and surprisingly comfortable. I don't even notice it. $25 right now from Midway.

It's about as simple and bare bones as you'll find and will work with your 23.

814364.jpg

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Where are you carrying? 12 o'clock 3, 4:30 etc? That makes a difference on the holster of choice!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Another Crossbreed fan. The only complaint is the metal clips trash the finish on my leather belt.
    And Bfish also points out a good qestion... My supertuck isnt a good suggestion if you want to carry appendix. (but awesome for 3-5/8-9 o'clock carry)

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    I was a supertuck fan. But now I'm gping with aliengear. Just as nice. Half the price and you can switch out shells. So for 12 bux you can carry another gun ( just for clarification not at the same time)

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'll have to make an enthusiastic stand for the Kramer IWB#2 horsehide holster.
    I carry a full size auto in it, and it's comfortable and very concealable.
    The horsehide is incredibly tough (far more so than cowhide) and stiff enough to allow one-handed holstering, even though it's an IWB holster.
    Yes, it costs a bit more than most others, but it will probably outlast you twice over.
    Check it out here - Inside the Waistband Holsters IWB

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    +1 on the alien gear. I wear it in a 4:30 position, and I've never had a complaint with it. I've crawled underneath my truck working on it, been in crawl spaces and attics for work, and never had my pistol come out. And it's comfortable enough, that unless I turn in a wierd way and have the grip on the gun poke me, I barely know it's there. Comes standard with what crossbreed charges $10 for and calls a "combat cut." Optional leather belt loops if you don't like the clips. The screws for the clips will work loose over time, but a little bit of weak loctite fixes that. Extra kydex for multiple guns is $12 or so, or they have free lifetime trade in on the kydex. Every person is different, but it's worked well for me.

Kaigar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Ft. Wayne
    I appreciate the input from everyone. I've been looking into the Alien Gear line after a buddy recommended them, so that's definitely a possibility. I'll probably look into MTAC as well. As for carry position, I'm not 100% sure yet. This will actually be the first handgun I've carried IWB, so I'm not familiar with what's comfortable at this point.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I appreciate the input from everyone. I've been looking into the Alien Gear line after a buddy recommended them, so that's definitely a possibility. I'll probably look into MTAC as well. As for carry position, I'm not 100% sure yet. This will actually be the first handgun I've carried IWB, so I'm not familiar with what's comfortable at this point.

Well I am going to be "that guy then"... I started out carry with a crossbreed super tuck and found myself preferring a pocket pistol to a real gun... Then after wanting so badly to really carry a more usable pistol I tried appendix carry. it is not for everyone but since I started using it I have not missed a day carrying the gun I should be carrying rather than the gun that was more convenient to be carrying.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Well I am going to be "that guy then"... I started out carry with a crossbreed super tuck and found myself preferring a pocket pistol to a real gun... Then after wanting so badly to really carry a more usable pistol I tried appendix carry. it is not for everyone but since I started using it I have not missed a day carrying the gun I should be carrying rather than the gun that was more convenient to be carrying.

+1 on your sentiments for preferring a proper sidearm over a pocket pistol.
    Not only are the tiny guns less capable from a ballistics standpoint, but the ergonomics with them are generally terrible, and they're usually less controllable and less reliable than their mid-sized or full-sized counterparts.

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    Since you are in Fort Wayne, you may want to check out ZX. They carry their own line of IWB holsters similar to the crossbreed and Alien Gear. Price is somewhere between the two and no waiting on shipping.

birdo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Lafayette, IN
    I have been using Milt Sparks Versa-Max II's for years, and they are very comfortable for every situation. They take a while to get a hold of, but they are more than worth it, in my opinion.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Are you specifically only looking for a hybrid style? I make these and they can be used IWB or OWB by using the appropriate hardware.

2wc0hgh.jpg

2gx487a.jpg

10i9u9w.jpg

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    It's all about figuring out what works for you. People in general will recommend what they have and what works for them.

I tried a hybrid holster for a long time because people seem to love them. They don't work for me. I personally hate them. But you should try it yourself, because that's the only way to figure out if it'll work for you.

What works for me for IWB for a full size walther ppq is a kydex taco style holster with two pull to dot belt loops. Mine is from JM custom kydex, and their products are phenomenal. I can't recomend it enough.....if a holster of that style works for you. Some people hate kydex IWB holsters, so it may not be for you. Maybe leather works for you...

Top Bottom