• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cavallo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    I generally don't make many modifications to my carry guns. Sights are usually as far as I go. With the G48, however, I found myself wanting a slightly better grip upon draw and thought a magwell might do the trick. I wasn't 100% sure it would so didn't want to drop a lot-o-cheddar on something I wasn't sure I wanted. Most magwells for G48/43x are about $80 or so which is too much to spend on a small piece of metal that I might or might not want. After shopping around online I found one for $35 ... much more in-line with my threshold for a piece of experimental metal. I got it about 2 weeks ago and took it to the range last weekend to try it out (along with the new 15-round magazine that I already posted about.)

I have to say that it makes a huge improvement in how the gun feels in my hand. Sure, maybe it also helps funnel a magazine upon reload but the way it makes the grip feel is the key. You do need to get in the habit of tapping the magazine into place just to make sure it is fully-latched but I can live with that. For $35, I highly recommend this for anyone that wants just a tad better indexing of their grip on a 48 or 43x.

The link (currently allegedly on sale for $35 down from $90 [who knows if it is ever really 'full price' but whatever]): https://suarezinternational.com/gun-fighter-magwell-for-glock-43x-48-pistols/

Picture of mine installed:
    20230921_190029.jpg

Top Bottom